For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal patch 227i keeps crashing.

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
cRavenSomeCrow

Unreal patch 227i keeps crashing.

Post by cRavenSomeCrow »

I have been having this problem with my version of Unreal with patch 227i with Anthology. I have had mostly one crash, but after changing some settings I started getting a new crash. Crash 1: "General Protection Fault!
History: DrawDecals <- URender:: DrawFrame <- URende:: DrawWorld <- UGameEngine:: Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop" It usually happens when I get into a server, including the OldUnreal server, and move around a while. Please, anything will help. PC Stats: Intel Core i5 8400, MSI B360 Gaming Plus, 16gb RAM, ASUS Nvidia GTX 660 2gb, 500gb Mushkin SSD.
Last edited by cRavenSomeCrow on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal patch 227i keeps crashing.

Post by Hyper »

You may help people helping you if you also post the last bit of your unreal.log file after your game crashed.

The first thing I see in the error message is DrawDecals. Maybe disabling decals in the options can help?
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
cRavenSomeCrow

Post by cRavenSomeCrow »

I'm not sure why I never thought to disable decals, and i'm pretty tech savvy. Thank you for your help and I will reply again with the results. Lemme see if i can get the Log file you asked for.
cRavenSomeCrow

Post by cRavenSomeCrow »

Thank you for the help with this glitch. As to the Log file, I had reinstalled the entire game so that file is nonexistent. However, I could recreate the crash to generate that file if you like. Thank you! :P

Return to “Unreal 227”