For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Ladder Trigger

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Re: Ladder Trigger

Post by Masterkent »

So, the bad news is that 227 ladders probably won't be fixed in 227j, because I didn't find a solution which I could consider as good enough for inclusion in the game patch.

The good news is that the recently added customizable PlayerPawn state makes it easy to implement similar functionality within a mod that can be tweaked at any moment (therefore, any issues in such ladders can be resolved much faster than if you had to wait for a new release of Unreal 227 after 227j is done), and I already created a mod that lets you specify climbing areas within a map.
Last edited by Masterkent on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

So, the bad news is that 227 ladders probably won't be fixed in 227j, because I didn't find a solution which I could consider as good enough for inclusion in the game patch.
If its due to me having problems right now to catch up with everything that is open, let me know if there is something here I can work on with higher priority.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Post by Masterkent »

I think, even with natively supported speculative move operations my implementation wouldn't be good enough for inclusion in the patch. In particular, attaching to a surface may not be suitable in case if a mapper wants to let players climb a rope.
let me know if there is something here I can work on with higher priority
It's a rarely needed thing and fixing it properly needs more than just modifying a few lines of code, so I think that it's not worth working on it right now.

And I'd suggest to return the signature and the implementation of function Engine.Actor.Move to its previous state:

Code: Select all

native(266) final function bool Move( vector Delta );
That new second parameter bTest is needless, I can't do anything useful with it.
Last edited by Masterkent on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal 227”