For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

delete row in array in advanced options crash

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

delete row in array in advanced options crash

Post by BobIsUnreal »

i have a dynamic array with 8496+ rows
if i go into the advanced options, and try to delete a row, the server crashes with this error:
not sure i would be able to provide the array, as it is basicly 7 years of player data.
it dosnt seem to happen with other dynamic arrays, Could it be due to the ammount of rows?

Critical: UStrProperty::SafeWriteString
Critical: UStrProperty::ExportTextItem
Critical: (StrProperty dropall227i.databaseinterationclass.datbase_structure.Property)
Critical: UProperty::ExportText
Critical: (StrProperty dropall227i.databaseinterationclass.datbase_structure.Property)
Critical: UStructProperty::ExportTextItem
Critical: (StructProperty dropall227i.databaseinterationclass.playerdatadb.playerdatadb/Struct dropall227i.databaseinterationclass.datbase_structure)
Critical: UProperty::ExportText
Critical: (StructProperty dropall227i.databaseinterationclass.playerdatadb.playerdatadb)
Critical: FPropertyItem::GetPropertyText
Critical: FPropertyItem::Draw
Critical: WWindow::WndProc
Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
Critical: (Message=WM_DRAWITEM)
Critical: Critical error in window message!
Warning: Assertion failed: Result [File:X:\src227\Window\Inc\Window.h] [Line: 4852]
Critical: FTreeItem::Collapse
Critical: WPropertyItem::Collapse
Critical: FPropertyItem::OnArrayDelete
Critical: WButton::InterceptControlCommand
Critical: WWindow::WndProc
Critical: WItemBox::WndProc
Critical: (Message=None,PersistentName=WM_COMMAND)
Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
Critical: (Message=WM_COMMAND)
Critical: Critical error in window message!
Exit: Shutdown multi-threading took 0.00 MS
Critical: Error reentered: Error on main thread
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Re: delete row in array in advanced options crash

Post by .:..: »

I tested with a test setup that had 10,000 ini lines for a dynamic string array and tried to delete a row. It only took a few seconds to refresh window but didn't crash.. what kind of string does your ini lines contain?
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

Struct datbase_structure
{
var() string player, property,value;
};
var () config array<datbase_structure> playerdatadb;

sample
playerdatadb=(Player="Bobisunreal.inventory",Property="master2.KRifle",Value="1892238")
playerdatadb=(Player="Bobisunreal.inventory",Property="UnrealShare.ASMD",Value="1889999")
playerdatadb=(Player="Bobisunreal.inventory",Property="UnrealShare.Eightball",Value="1889999")
playerdatadb=(Player="Bobisunreal.inventory",Property="UnrealShare.AutoMag",Value="1889999")
playerdatadb=(Player="Bobisunreal.inventory",Property="UnrealI.GESBioRifle",Value="1889999")
playerdatadb=(Player="Bobisunreal.inventory",Property="UnrealI.FlakCannon",Value="1889999")

could it be that it doesnt like the text file formating/ or that the text file is corrupted?
OldUnreal Member

I still couldn't reproduce that crash, could you PM me contents of your ini file with all those entries (pastebin/)?
OldUnreal Member

Tested with the ini file contents you sent me, still no crash... I'm going to assume this was already fixed for now.

Return to “Unreal 227”