For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

2D animation speed

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Milkey Wilkey
OldUnreal Member

2D animation speed

Post by Milkey Wilkey »

Hi. This is nothing strictly new and always was in unreal but would be nice to see that finally fixed. Basically any 2D sprite animation is running at the overall framerate speed instead of fixed rate. Examples are unreal logo green "flame", water ripple effects, waterfalls, fire etc. Higher FPS means faster animations. I'm not yet sure at which rate it should be fixed but I imagine it's somewhere between 15 and 30.

Reborn
OldUnreal Member

Re: 2D animation speed

Post by Reborn »

You may set maximum speed in opions of current texture (in utx file)
1.png

or for all textures in script:
var(Animation) float MinFrameRate, MaxFrameRate;

imho, best MaxFrameRate = 30 (for all textures)

in 1998 30 fps was normal gamespeed, 60 fps was fantastic.
Now, 60 fps is bad.
Maybe should limit MaxFrameRate in the game settings (in next patch)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: 2D animation speed

Post by Smirftsch »

227j is having a setting for that. We are working on a public beta release at the moment :)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.

Return to “Unreal 227”