For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Gold does not start at all on Devuan Chimaera

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
gipi942

Unreal Gold does not start at all on Devuan Chimaera

Post by gipi942 »

It does not start, period. It does't segfault either, it doesn't notice errors which I know for sure exist because I already had it running once. If I run UnrealXLinux.bin, it may report missing libraries, but as soon as I paste libraries from the convenience folder, it just doesn't start. I use Conty (https://github.com/Kron4ek/Conty) to provide for WINE and 32bit support, but I do not think that is the issue as it runs both WINE and other 32bit executables normally (and it even ran Unreal Gold the first two times I installed it).
It doesn't matter which renderer I put or which Audio (doesn't matter if I start it with -nosound either) I put or which resolution I put (in the .ini file), as I said it doesn't report any errors. The log file is empty for both UnrealLinux.bin.log and UnrealXLinux.bin.log. When I run it, i get a standard 'Running Conty' line, then, for about a second another blank line and it just stops. I know I installed it properly as, again, I ran it before already. What could cause this behaviour? I can't find any cached files in either .config or .cache (or even .local/share) that could cause this. I tried removing libSDL files, I tried deleting the .ini file, tried running it from within the .wine folder, and in ~/Downloads, nothing seems to help.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Gold does not start at all on Devuan Chimaera

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

check for missing dependencies in System folder,

ldd *.so | grep -i "not found"
gipi942

Post by gipi942 »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:17 am check for missing dependencies in System folder,

ldd *.so | grep -i "not found"
If its missing libraries, wouldn't it report that such and such library is missing? Nothing is reported when i execute the .bin file
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

you can try ./UnrealLinux.bin or ./UnrealLinux.bin with the -log parameter and it might output more log info. you can also try strace to see if its failing early

Post output of the following:

Code: Select all

ldd -r UnrealLinux.bin

ldd -r UnrealXLinux.bin

ldd -r *.so | grep -i "not found"
gipi942

Post by gipi942 »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:29 pm you can try ./UnrealLinux.bin or ./UnrealLinux.bin with the -log parameter and it might output more log info. you can also try strace to see if its failing early

Post output of the following:

ldd -r UnrealLinux.bin

ldd -r UnrealXLinux.bin

ldd -r *.so | grep -i "not found"
I reinstalled it after a while and now it runs normally. Odd

Return to “Unreal 227”