For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

What is the current state of 227j?

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: What is the current state of 227j?

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Kajgue wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:18 pm So far everything seems good though
There's still the known bug I have in my server with my bots not pathing with FindRandomDest
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:50 pm
There's still the known bug I have in my server with my bots not pathing with FindRandomDest
Ah, gotcha. Well by 'seems good' am mostly referring just on my end, glad that you're still bringing this up because it's important for betatesters alike to go through 227j with a fine tooth comb before it can be 'finished up' :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Reborn
OldUnreal Member

Post by Reborn »

The patch has been 'in the works' for too many years.
I don't think it's possible to delay all the time.
"Fine tooth comb" may be done in the public beta.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Somehow I've managed to finish Portuguese. So we have 10 languages for v227j: English (OFC!), German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Portuguese (NEW!), Catalan (NEW!) and Dutch (NEW!). All of them (hopefully) updated for v227j with the latest strings. Once Ividyon, eGo and Sly round up things with German, I'll submit the package.

Marco/Dots's new ucc dumpint and Buggie's templates did wonders for the whole project. I'm quite confident a good job was done, though there will always be rough edges to polish.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

So far so good. No big surprises. Trying to gather everything now this weekend, so we are prepared.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Smirftsch wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:53 pm So far so good. No big surprises. Trying to gather everything now this weekend, so we are prepared.
Excellent!

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

What about Casey's issue here, did this get addressed yet?
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Kajgue wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:48 pm
If he has access to OldUnreal/unreal-testing, he should open an issue there.

Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

So... work is wrapped up regarding the localizations. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll retire to rest for some days. And enjoy the patch upon release.

[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

It did not to my knowledge. I gave Smirf and Marco copies of a minimal reproduction setup so it can get fixed.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Menus in English:

Menus in Spanish:

Menus in Catalan (New language):

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:01 pm

It did not to my knowledge. I gave Smirf and Marco copies of a minimal reproduction setup so it can get fixed.
Don't you have permission to see OldUnreal/Unreal-testing? Issues and pull requests there have a higher chance to be addressed there than anywhere else.

Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Alright folks, it seems that we can't make it today, to many minor and annoying things left for me to do and also some minor problems (like a memory leak) came up which requires some testing yet. Last week I was plain to busy with real life issues (mentioned it above).
However, while I can't make it today, the release will be definitely within the next 2 weeks, as assured timeline. I know you are waiting for it and I promise the waiting is almost over now. Don't roll your eyes now, please. There are circumstances sometimes one can't control and I want to make it a good and worked out release with no slips if possible.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Smirftsch wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:29 pm Alright folks, it seems that we can't make it today, to many minor and annoying things left for me to do and also some minor problems (like a memory leak) came up which requires some testing yet. Last week I was plain to busy with real life issues (mentioned it above).
However, while I can't make it today, the release will be definitely within the next 2 weeks, as assured timeline. I know you are waiting for it and I promise the waiting is almost over now. Don't roll your eyes now, please. There are circumstances sometimes one can't control and I want to make it a good and worked out release with no slips if possible.
Good ol' Real Life... always hitting us HARD.

Don't worry Smirf.

Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Smirftsch wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:29 pm Alright folks, it seems that we can't make it today, to many minor and annoying things left for me to do and also some minor problems (like a memory leak) came up which requires some testing yet. Last week I was plain to busy with real life issues (mentioned it above).
I /cheer for all Unreal 227 players who don't have access to beta builds. This is great news!
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Oh, after v227j is released, is there any chance of having an OldUnreal/UnrealPatches repository like UT99v469 has with OldUnreal/UnrealTournamentPatches? A public betatesting repository of sorts.

Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Today I took the time to make new installations of my Unreal client and servers because many years of beta testing left many unused files and .ini leftover settings. I hope I haven't forgotten anything. If you get eaten by invisible spiders, I may have forgotten a serverpackage. :D

Inventory data of the coop servers is still there and transferred, as well as the Crystal Castles high scores. Be aware that at the coop servers your inventory is linked to your client, and changes there may cause it to be no longer recognized. (Don't ask me how it works, or fails: it's voodoo to me)

Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

For what's worth, I've sent a new batch of localization updates.

ExpEM
OldUnreal Member

Post by ExpEM »

-Excited squealing-
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

The classic menu in Spanish and English.

EDIT:

The classic menu in German.

Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Regular menu in German

Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

The new HUD Scaling function.

garbel
OldUnreal Member

Post by garbel »

The HUD scaling function is very cool. Excited for another playthrough with j... :D
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

Yeah, the HUD Scaling function alone has generated A LOT of hype. So if v227j has an unique selling point (USP) is that one.

Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Neon_Knight wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:25 am Yeah, the HUD Scaling function alone has generated A LOT of hype. So if v227j has an unique selling point (USP) is that one.
And quite needed as they now sell 15" laptops with 4k displays... :-\

[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

While sort of off-topic, most modern GPUs (and even some on laptops!) have image scaling, "Integer Scaling" in particular is of interest. You can set the game resolution to 1080p with it enabled and it scales it up 1:1 to 4k if you have a 4k monitor, essentially allowing 2x scaling on those tiny screens with no loss of image quality other than internal rendering resolution. Good for old games that have no HUD scaling at all.

Return to “Unreal 227”