For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Regression: Respawned inventory may become hovering if it's being touched by a player

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Regression: Respawned inventory may become hovering if it's being touched by a player

Post by Masterkent »

This bug was introduced in 227 patch (226b has no such trouble) and is caused by added SetLocation call in function Engine.Inventory.Pickup.CheckTouching:

Code: Select all

// Make sure no pawn already touching (while touch was disabled in sleep).
	function CheckTouching()
	{
		local Pawn P;

SetLocation(Location); // Update touchlist
		bSleepTouch = false;
		foreach TouchingActors(Class'Pawn',P)
			Touch(P);
	}
If updating the list of touching actors makes sense here, it should be done without location adjustments due to collision with the world geometry.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Re: Regression: Respawned inventory may become hovering if it's being touched by a player

Post by .:..: »

Yes I see now, Epic originally made a mistake with the code where they forgot parenthesis around an OR statement so it ended up with: if ('checking encroachment/fit' AND bCollideWorld) OR 'bCollideWhenPlacing' then adjust position, then as I corrected that, it became as most likely intended: 'if checking encroachment/fit' AND (bCollideWorld OR bCollideWhenPlacing) then adjust position...
But eh I'll just remove the bCollideWorld check from the equation so it behaves like old version.

Return to “Unreal 227”