For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Vanilla Unreal Gold Menu Background Plate for 227?

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
OpenRift
OldUnreal Member

Vanilla Unreal Gold Menu Background Plate for 227?

Post by OpenRift »

I've been curious, is there a way to load the original Unreal Gold menu background (the one that actually says "Unreal Gold) instead of the new one that says "Unreal: Oldunreal Edition"? I wanna give 227 a try but I don't like that it changes the menu background. To be clear, I'm not talking about the classic Unreal menus, I'm talking about the background that comes with vanilla Unreal Gold. Is changing it to the old background possible?
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: Vanilla Unreal Gold Menu Background Plate for 227?

Post by Victor Delacroix »

OpenRift wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:09 pm I've been curious, is there a way to load the original Unreal Gold menu background (the one that actually says "Unreal Gold) instead of the new one that says "Unreal: Oldunreal Edition"? I wanna give 227 a try but I don't like that it changes the menu background. To be clear, I'm not talking about the classic Unreal menus, I'm talking about the background that comes with vanilla Unreal Gold. Is changing it to the old background possible?
Of course there is and I can handle it for you easily. It will require osx background changer. It's a must-have for uWindows customization anyway.

EDIT: Totally forgot I've already done that, and more. Here's the entire osx Background Changer package, both the mod as I've originally gotten it, and all backgrounds, both those I've found and those I've prepared.

Unreal Gold background is included, naturally.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/dq2vyRYX
OpenRift
OldUnreal Member

Re: Vanilla Unreal Gold Menu Background Plate for 227?

Post by OpenRift »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:12 pm
OpenRift wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:09 pm I've been curious, is there a way to load the original Unreal Gold menu background (the one that actually says "Unreal Gold) instead of the new one that says "Unreal: Oldunreal Edition"? I wanna give 227 a try but I don't like that it changes the menu background. To be clear, I'm not talking about the classic Unreal menus, I'm talking about the background that comes with vanilla Unreal Gold. Is changing it to the old background possible?
Of course there is and I can handle it for you easily. It will require osx background changer. It's a must-have for uWindows customization anyway.

EDIT: Totally forgot I've already done that, and more. Here's the entire osx Background Changer package, both the mod as I've originally gotten it, and all backgrounds, both those I've found and those I've prepared.

Unreal Gold background is included, naturally.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/dq2vyRYX
Funny, I actually just figured out how to edit the UMenu.u file and got it working myself. But hey, thanks anyway.

Return to “Unreal 227”