For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Bug with the crate

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Bug with the crate

Post by Sergey »

In the game "Return to Napali" there is a very noticeable bug: The Box is hanging in the air. please correct it carefully.
Location -3498 8186 2022
I dont know what this map is. There is a large spaceship on this map.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Bug with the crate

Post by Leo T_C_K »

that's not supposed to be there once a scripted sequence plays. Unless it failed to play. Did you play through the map via normal means or did you use jumpboots/fly around and skipped stuff? Is this 227i?
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sergey »

this is 227i
russian version
map: Crashsite1 or Crashsite2
official cheats can't break the geometry of the game's levels, unless patch 227i broke something.

I hope this bug will be fixed....
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Sergey wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:39 pm official cheats can't break the geometry of the game's levels, unless patch 227i broke something.
This mover is not supposed to be there at this point in the game. When you walk between the two halves of the ship, you can see the crate move on the forcefield. Then it is destroyed.

In you case this did not happen. This means either the script failed, which is unlikely, or you managed to enter the script without triggering it, which can be done in only two ways : either you used a cheat code to enter the ship without entering the trigger radius, or you walked all the way around the rear of front of the ship and found the access ramp without entering the trigger radius, as there is a small gap between its radius and the side of the crater. This is possible but bad luck.

In any case: not a bug.
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sergey »

Hellkeeper wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:54 pm
without cheats
I used only a mutator with a replacement weapon. the difficulty of the game is the last
can the function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant) break the level script?
Maybe I'll send you a mutator and you can check it out?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

If its possible to skip it one way then it is a bug but unfixable without tying the fix to a mutator or fixing the map itself (which is a bad idea due to client desyncs).

And yes that function can break a map, in fact some mutators use that function to fix a map. Since it is a mover, its behavior can be affected by a mutator. It is not a solid geometry, movers are a hack in between the two, they only get fully displayed ingame and are represented by the "model" data taken from the last brush representation of them before they were turned into a mover.. No, changing the last used brush's appearance won't make the mover change its, its purely in the map data the "model" what Unreal calls model in this case. This is one of the first instances of confusing terminology in the Unreal engine. The term model was taken for mover stuff thus Unreal had to invent "mesh" for what is otherwise known as model in 3d games. This trend continued to the further generations of the engine with one name already taken for something else...
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sergey »

it would be great if the developers would add full mods support for single player ....
I can't play without mods because of the high difficulty.. the weapons in the game are very weak, and the monsters have a lot of health... and so I have to stop playing...
I hope the next patch will improve something in this regard
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Not sure what you mean by that. There are already many custom mutators avaiable for singleplayer including LH's nightmare mutator (not sure if only for ut) and similar stuff is possible. The support is there, unless you mean there are no such mutators by default.

Return to “Unreal 227”