It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com
Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Gameplay- Removed 'Curvy meshes' menu option.
- Made Unreal/RTNP campaigns take priority in new game menu.
- Added setting for using custom NetSpeed value.
- Added HD HUD preview images.
- Fixed long log lines being cut off at log window.
- Reduced MusicMenu volume slider step size.
Render- Fixed EmTrigger function crash if called before first frame of emitter has been rendered.
- Fixed an emitter combiner crash.
- Corrected Bot SuggestFallVelocity having issues on low grav.
- Fixed bots to not keep jumping indefinitely in air on low grav.
- Fixed bots being unable to use jump pads correctly.
- Corrected level transition between RTNP intro maps.
- Made RTNP maps not swap player class to UPak player over to other game modes.
- Added render option for "No smooth world" to make entire world render in retro style.
- Added more classical low-res skins from Unreal 224 for when playing with HD disabled.
- Added support for random array of Entry levels to be used on startup.
- Fixed RawHID to stay enabled on windowed mode aswell.
- Fixed hitscan bullets from warping through warpzones in an invalid orientation.
- Added Phys_Mover which is a mover that can be triggered to run on rigidbody physics.
Engine- Fixed Enhanced LightMaps for OpenGL and D3D9.
- Made LightType LT_Flicker and LT_Strobe to behave like in pre-227, except when gamespeed is slowed down significantly.
- Corrected Health pack texture index to 0 (was 1) for better mod support again.
- Fixed a render error when downscaling window border size.
Editor- Fixed a physics engine crash that could sometimes happen (with multi threading).
- Fixed a physics engine crash when level had a BSP mover with invalid shape (or too complex).
- Added PXC_BrushCollision physics collision shape to make RigidBody physics use current brush as collision shape.
- Added support for smooth net interpolation for DumbProxy movers.
- Made game bootable even if an invalid audio device or console class is selected.
- Fixed a glitch where GPF error message didn't appear if game crashed during a window message.
- Fixed an issue with demo recording which ended up with actors not animating correctly.
- Added debug commands "HULL TRACE" (to trace forward from player view direction and show BSP hit info of potential invisible collision hull) and "HULL ERROR" (to show all potential problematic BSP hulls in level).
- Fixed a crash when having a skeletal mesh bAnimByOwner to another skeletal mesh but one that is a different mesh.
- Improved package loading failure error logging.
- Made package loader replace missing textures and meshes with an error texture/mesh.
- Added new texture types ConstantColor and FadeColor for simple colored textures.
- Added texture type PaletteModifier which allows you to modify colors of a paletted texture without having to reimport a new texture.
UnrealScript- Fixed AI pathbuilder having issues with detecting level static meshes.
- Made SkeletalMesh bone preview also draw bone orientations.
- Made Editor remember users last selected "Use multithreaded build" option.
- Added a new BSP build option 'Post build SemiSolids' which moves building of semi solids as last build step to have semi solids fully not mess with world geometry.
- Fixed editor texture browser preview drawing non-uniformly scaled textures draw with wrong scaling.
- Added a BSP build option for how level should be zoned.
- Added a debug button to show level collision hulls to help mapper debug collision problems.
- Added bHintBrush variable to Brush actors to help BSP builder identify where level should be split at.
- Added a build option to enable BSP collision hull fixing (which does solve ~90 % of invisible collision hulls, but does increase level nodecount).
- Added right-click menu for mesh browser animation list to copy anim name or mesh name into clipboard.
Server- Made UWindow root dereference some menu elements to avoid keeping custom menus from being garbage collected on mapchange.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when accessing a struct member from a function return value in some instances.
- Fixed Decal.AttachDecal from returning invalid texture.
- Reverted Nali rabbits behaviour with classic balance disabled (fleeing from a dead rabbit).
- Moved Mover sync SimInterpolate state code from C++ code to UnrealScript callback.
- Updated PlayerPawn.GetCompileTime to return actual time code was compiled instead of changed.
- Fixed protected variables not being modifiable in UScript operators.
- Added a limit to how many URL's can be resolved at the same time by InternetInfo.Resolve (to avoid an OS crash from too many threads).
- Corrected Pawn.FellOutOfWorld to send out dying event.
Audio- Added server OS bitmode (32 or 64 bit) to server information broadcasted to the public.
- Optimized bNetInitial and bNetOwner variables only evaluate when those conditions are guaranteed to be met.
- Added a net RPC function call security fix from UT 469.
- Fixed some online sound issues on SwFMod (sound sources heard out of view playing at max volume).
Gameplay- Fixed and cleaned up ALAudio music transition handle code.
Engine- Fixed RTNP end-game credits not showing up.
- Made carcasses drop to floor if they bump into an wall while standing on another actor.
UnrealScript- Fixed package loader correctly detect resources with groups that has been moved from UnrealI to UnrealShare (adds some missing sounds and textures to main Unreal campaign).
- Made summon cheat code give feedback if attempted summoned actor is abstract or for other specific reason unspawnable.
- Made level emitters (not network emitters) or emitter forces not loadable on dedicated servers.
- Fixed a crash that could happen on DownloadDone.
Editor- Added 'editoronly' and 'clientonly' class flags to tell game to only load said objects in editor or not on dedicated servers.
- Added Object.GetClassFlags to obtain class flags.
- Added a 'ZoneUnion' actor to manually tell editor to make multiple zones use same ZoneInfo actor (but still giving unique zone ID to limit rendering).
- Added Level.SongVolume value to allow mapper to manually specify the music volume of the level (only downscale, not upscale the volume).
- Fixed a crash with ScriptedTextures on editor when changing their resolution.
- Corrected editor viewports not resetting their position every time a new package loaded.
- Similar Topics
- Last post