For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

ALAudio for UnrealTournament - development and links

This forum is for the new audio renderer for UEngine 1 based games, like Unreal, UnrealTournament, DeusEx and Rune. Missing a Game? Want to develop yourself? Let us know!
sn260591
OldUnreal Member

Re: ALAudio for UnrealTournament - development and links

Post by sn260591 »

Any news?
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

OpenALSoft 1.17 is coming soon so that the new HRTF programming extensions to enable/disable it with a switch is officially available.

new option:
HRTFRequest
-Autodetect
-Enable
-Disable

then I'll make a new update for all games.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

uploaded version 2.2 with HRTF support and new OpenALSoft 1.17.0
Check the first post for details and download link.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnrealGGecko
OldUnreal Member

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I like that in some maps I can hear echos with these (ok... tbh I forgot if it were these or the nultimedia patches... darn memory) :P ... really cool!

Downloading this now, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to check it out.
Wanted to share some of my stuff, but signature limit is a bit harsh :P
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

these echoes- or reverb to be more precise, was- or is- already in galaxy, but it seems it broke in between or was maybe even crippled by purpose somewhere between Unreal 224 and 226 and taken over that way to UT (or well, maybe broken there and backported to 226 then to keep the timeline in correct order). From what I remember it was never fully restored.
So it only does what mappers really had in mind when creating these maps.
Karbofos

Post by Karbofos »

Is it possible to add support Creative EAGLE EAX patch?
eaxutsys.exe = UT\System\EaxMan.dll & UT\System\Galaxy.dll
uteaxctf.exe = UT\Eal\CTF-MapName.eal (9 library)
uteaxdm.exe  = UT\Eal\DM-MapName.eal (24 library)
at least v436 has support EAX for 33 maps through Galaxy, better then nothing
  ::)

----------------

Sorry for breaking your post, I actually wanted to quote it. --han
Last edited by Karbofos on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Oh sorry, I forgot to set the XP compatibility flag in compiler for 1.17.0. But well, 1.17.1 seems to be coming soon, will make another update then.

As for UT EFX- without promising anything, maybe there is a way to grab the EAX effects values somehow out these maps and make them usable. This may or may not be feasible, but I'll have a look.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Is it possible to add support Creative EAGLE EAX patch?
eaxutsys.exe = UT\System\EaxMan.dll & UT\System\Galaxy.dll
uteaxctf.exe = UT\Eal\CTF-MapName.eal (9 library)
uteaxdm.exe  = UT\Eal\DM-MapName.eal (24 library)
at least v436 has support EAX for 33 maps through Galaxy, better then nothing
  ::)
Is there any documentation about EalMan.dll and/or the eal files available (despite that they are apperently RIFFs)?
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
Karbofos

Post by Karbofos »

not much, but...  ;)
[url]http://www.image-share.com/ipng-3117-37.html[/url]

19356 Kb => EAX v2.0 SDK, specifications, EAGLE v2.0 (Environmental Audio Librarian Editor), & EAX-AC3 extension for OpenAL, by Creative Labs
[url]http://websound.ru/mirrors_local.php?file=programming/libs/sdk/eax.zip[/url]
or
[url]http://websound.ru/libs_r.htm[/url]
Last edited by Karbofos on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Looks like everything we would need. Thanks.
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

I spent ages looking for the system that created the profiles.
No wonder I could not find it. Stupid name.
Finally we get to replicate the profiles in thee new system 8-)

Thankyou very much
Rocky
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rocky »

Downloaded latest version and got kicked from a server:
[img][/img]

I guess this much be server's problem??
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Note that the usage of this version online can cause anticheat protected servers to kick you.
The server doesnt know this package (yet) and assumes it may be a hack. All you can do is to mail the server admin and ask for whitelisting it.
maru

Post by maru »

The server doesnt know this package (yet) and assumes it may be a hack. All you can do is to mail the server admin and ask for whitelisting it.
Hello, which command or procedure an admin should do to whitelisting the file ? (in this case ALaudio.dll)

Thank you for help!
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

I am not familiar with current anticheat solution for UnrealTournament, but it depends on what anticheat system you use, there is no "general" way to do so.
maru

Post by maru »

I am not familiar with current anticheat solution for UnrealTournament, but it depends on what anticheat system you use, there is no "general" way to do so.
Thank you for your entry. Server where I'm playing using ACE protection. I've asked to the admin but he doesn't know how to whitelisting a file. Any idea where I could find the information ?
sn260591
OldUnreal Member

Post by sn260591 »

Any idea where I could find the information ?
Ask AnthraX [url]http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30016[/url]
maru

Post by maru »

Ask AnthraX [url]http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30016[/url]
I will.

Thank you.

Cheers :)
lowenz
OldUnreal Member

Re: OpenAL for UnrealTournament - development and links

Post by lowenz »

Any new versions? (I see 2.4.5 for Unreal 227i :D )
Last edited by lowenz on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen, but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees - E.S.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

just waiting for some feedback for it, then will make a new version for all games.
Morpheus2396
OldUnreal Member

Post by Morpheus2396 »

Since the update of my sound driver (X-Fi Titianium PCIe), I struggle with sound errors (sounds skipping/missing) in both UT1 and UT2004.

The interresting point is, the error is the same in both UT2004 and UT1:

In UT2004, things get borked up once I install the X-Fi Patch made by Creative (which enables to use all 128 channels of my X-Fi - with the default sound driver, only 64 Channels are available) - in the UT2004 main menu, some menu sounds are missing/not played and Ingame the sound really gets messed up: the first 1-2 minutes, ALL sounds (weapons, explosions, death screams, pickup items) are correctly played - but then, sounds begin to skip! Not ALL battle sounds (weapons, explosions, item pickup sounds) are being played anymore - always only a part of them. It's very likely, that the X-Fi Patch uses OpenAL instead of DS3D... (no ALchemy is necessary...)

I could reproduce this error multiple times and also after reinstalling Windows 7!

In UT99, the exact same error occurs when I use the OpenAL sound driver (from OU) - after a few minutes, ingame battle sounds begin to skip, which means battle sounds are being played partially only; not ALL of them are being played at once. And like in UT2004, this error does NOT occur the first 1-2 minutes!

For me, it seems like some kind of "sound buffer" gets "full" after a certain time (1-2 minutes) or not "large enough" to play ALL battle sounds simultaneously - some kind of insufficiency...

A few days ago, I ultimately found out, the new Creative driver is the source of this problem:

[url]http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=708255[/url]

What's the (technical) cause of this error? Can you fix it for UT99? And where can I get help for this problem for UT2004?

Thx 4 support,

M2396
Last edited by Morpheus2396 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lowenz
OldUnreal Member

Post by lowenz »

Since the update of my sound driver (X-Fi Titianium PCIe), I struggle with sound errors (sounds skipping/missing) in both UT1 and UT2004.

The interresting point is, the error is the same in both UT2004 and UT1:

In UT2004, things get borked up once I install the X-Fi Patch made by Creative (which enables to use all 128 channels of my X-Fi - with the default sound driver, only 64 Channels are available) - in the UT2004 main menu, some menu sounds are missing/not played and Ingame the sound really gets messed up: the first 1-2 minutes, ALL sounds (weapons, explosions, death screams, pickup items) are correctly played - but then, sounds begin to skip! Not ALL battle sounds (weapons, explosions, item pickup sounds) are being played anymore - always only a part of them. It's very likely, that the X-Fi Patch uses OpenAL instead of DS3D... (no ALchemy is necessary...)

I could reproduce this error multiple times and also after reinstalling Windows 7!

In UT99, the exact same error occurs when I use the OpenAL sound driver (from OU) - after a few minutes, ingame battle sounds begin to skip, which means battle sounds are being played partially only; not ALL of them are being played at once. And like in UT2004, this error does NOT occur the first 1-2 minutes!

For me, it seems like some kind of "sound buffer" gets "full" after a certain time (1-2 minutes) or not "large enough" to play ALL battle sounds simultaneously - some kind of insufficiency...

A few days ago, I ultimately found out, the new Creative driver is the source of this problem:

[url]http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=708255[/url]

What's the (technical) cause of this error? Can you fix it for UT99? And where can I get help for this problem for UT2004?

Thx 4 support,

M2396
Are you using OpenAL Soft?
The task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen, but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees - E.S.
Morpheus2396
OldUnreal Member

Post by Morpheus2396 »

Are you using OpenAL Soft?
No, and I'm not really interrested in it since it isn't HW-accelerated. Does it lack any features (besides HW-acceleration) the original OpenAL implementation (from Creative) has?

Spoken of OpenAL Soft: I noticed the most actual OpenAL driver for UT99 (v2.2) uses OpenAL Soft instead OpenAL. Is it possible to run UT99 with the original OpenAL? (from Creative, HW-accelerated)

M2396
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

We neither test nor maintain support for Creatives OpenAL. OpenAL Soft misses no features we use, in fact it even offers more we use (HRTF and another ALSoft extension to be able to do lipsynch in Deus Ex). Hardware acceleration offers no benefit in performance, you have most likely three or even more cpu cores idle, so it won't matter.

The old hackfix way to run on a single thread to get around missing TSC synchronisation across multiple CPU cores is obsolete as in Windows Vista and above this is handled reliable, so there is no performance improvement in using hardware acceleration.

Last edited by han on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morpheus2396
OldUnreal Member

Post by Morpheus2396 »

We neither test nor maintain support for Creatives OpenAL. OpenAL Soft misses no features we use, in fact it even offers more we use (HRTF and another ALSoft extension to be able to do lipsynch in Deus Ex). Hardware acceleration offers no benefit in performance, you have most likely three or even more cpu cores idle, so it won't matter.
What about EAX/EFX effects? I heard, OpenAL Soft doesn't feature EAX beyond version 2 (EAX 3, 4 and 5). UT2004 uses EAX3...

Can I parallelly use OpenAL Soft and original OpenAL together? (OpenAL Soft for certain games, original OpenAL for all other games...)

Is it nevertheless possible, to still use original OpenAL for UT99 with the actual version (2.2) of your OpenAL driver for UT? I would have to reconfigure and re-test UT99, if I would switch to OALSoft... (UT1 would perhaps sound different - maybe better than before but maybe also worse than before...)

M2396
Last edited by Morpheus2396 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ALAudio (OpenAL), FMOD (FMOD3 and FMOD Ex) or other new audio renderer for UEngine 1 Games”