For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

PSA for server hosters: qtracker master uplink is probably spamming queries to your server

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

PSA for server hosters: qtracker master uplink is probably spamming queries to your server

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I was trying to debug why sometimes my server's query was timing out on the server browser so I decided to tcpdump/wireshark my query port and I noticed the qtracker master server was absolutely spamming queries to my server nonstop. As soon as I disabled qtracker the queries on the browser were fast and not intermittent.

To disable, open your unreal.ini or whatever ini you use to host your server and find this line:

Code: Select all

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
you can either erase the line, or simply add a semicolon to disable it:

;ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
If you use

ServerActors=UBrowser.UBrowserUplink
you'll have to disable it and enable the manual uplinks.

You can check for yourself by watching on your query port using tcpdump or wireshark. you'll find your query port early in your log as such:
Bound to port 8770.

It should be 1 port above your server (Port=)
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Re: PSA for server hosters: qtracker master uplink is probably spamming queries to your server

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

Well that sucks.
Never got a response to my inquiries after they said they were ending the service.
Not likely to now either but I will try again.

We kept qtracker in the loop as a courtesy to populate their tool (same for Gameranger/telefragged), but this is not good.
Consider it depreciated for now. We will have to remove it from the new config.
Zero6823

Re: PSA for server hosters: qtracker master uplink is probably spamming queries to your server

Post by Zero6823 »

qtracker dev took down the server for all the games that they were supporting.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”