For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal playable demo from 1998 (does it exists?)

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
wx

Unreal playable demo from 1998 (does it exists?)

Post by wx »

Hello, I would like to try Unreal on retro comp under windows 98, but I coult not find playable demo anywhere. It always find only Unreal Tournament Demo from 1999.
Last edited by wx on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal playable demo from 1998 (does it exists?)

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

You're looking for unreal special edition, which is for download here:
http://www.hypercoop.tk/files-demos.htm

don't forget the nocd.
wx

Re: Unreal playable demo from 1998 (does it exists?)

Post by wx »

Very much thank you! Seems, like they didn't release standard demo. I already saw they were working mostly in secret (on presentations, only choosen people could watch first demos in 1997 etc)
Those demos looks, like they were released only to some card, or something special and limited, so seems "official demo", that any game company push before releasing their game, to make advertisement, and is presented in game magazines, does not exists with Unreal 1.

These ones looks like something special... I will definetly try it. Seems, like they wanted to make bigger "Shock effect" and didnt released official demo before, because Full version would not have so big shock effect with it. It's my guess only, of course, I can be wrong. But that would be reasonable explanation for me.

Anyway, accroding to describtion of those demo files, I can be happy, it would be played on 3dfx voodoo under Glide.
Last edited by wx on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”