For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Hosting Server

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Mental-Hunter
OldUnreal Member

Hosting Server

Post by Mental-Hunter »

Hi,

I was trying to host my server again but it wont show up in cooperative. It does so in LAN, thats better then yesterday.

DoUplink=true
Webmanager=true aswell.

These are the master servers as listed in a file made a few years back. These might probably not be running anymore, just want to be sure if i still have the correct master servers linked here:

";ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.hlkclan.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=hyper.dnsalias.net MasterServerPort=27900"

Its been a while since i hosted so i'm sorry if i've made any obvious mistakes, hahaha. Thanks in advance :) !

EDIT: Also, is this the correct place to ask this question??
Last edited by Mental-Hunter on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: Hosting Server

Post by Hyper »

Many of the master servers you are uplinking to are no longer functional. Here are the current ones:

https://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.ph ... rver_Guide

Code: Select all

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.hlkclan.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.hypercoop.tk MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.newbiesplayground.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.qtracker.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
Almost all residential internet connections will use a router or modemrouter that blocks incoming connections from the internet. In order to host a server behind a router you need to forward some of Unreal's ports to the local IP of your server.

http://www.hypercoop.tk/indext.htm
People setting up Unreal servers behind firewalls and routers have been asking for a summary of the TCP/IP ports Unreal uses. Here goes:

UDP 7775 and 7776 are used only for LAN games. You don't need to route them through a firewall.
UDP 7777 is for gameplay.
UDP 7778 is for server querying.
UDP 7779+ are allocated dynamically for each helper UDPLink objects, including UDPServerUplink objects.
UDP 27900 is for server querying, if you enable the master server uplink. Some master servers use other ports, like 27500.

If you are running Unreal as a server behind a Cable/DSL Router you need to go to the port forwarding menu on your router and forward Unreal's ports to the internal IP that your server has.
Consult the manual and support page of your router / firewall vendor for instructions.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

Hi,

I was trying to host my server again but it wont show up in cooperative. It does so in LAN, thats better then yesterday.

DoUplink=true
Webmanager=true aswell.

These are the master servers as listed in a file made a few years back. These might probably not be running anymore, just want to be sure if i still have the correct master servers linked here:

";ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=hyper.dnsalias.net MasterServerPort=27900"

Its been a while since i hosted so i'm sorry if i've made any obvious mistakes, hahaha. Thanks in advance :) !

EDIT: Also, is this the correct place to ask this question??
Now there's a name I've not heard in a very long time.
Last edited by Gizzy on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mental-Hunter
OldUnreal Member

Post by Mental-Hunter »

Many of the master servers you are uplinking to are no longer functional. Here are the current ones:

https://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.ph ... rver_Guide

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.hypercoop.tk MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.newbiesplayground.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master2.oldunreal.com MasterServerPort=27900
Almost all residential internet connections will use a router or modemrouter that blocks incoming connections from the internet. In order to host a server behind a router you need to forward some of Unreal's ports to the local IP of your server.

http://www.hypercoop.tk/indext.htm
People setting up Unreal servers behind firewalls and routers have been asking for a summary of the TCP/IP ports Unreal uses. Here goes:

UDP 7775 and 7776 are used only for LAN games. You don't need to route them through a firewall.
    UDP 7777 is for gameplay.
    UDP 7778 is for server querying.
    UDP 7779+ are allocated dynamically for each helper UDPLink objects, including UDPServerUplink objects.
    UDP 27900 is for server querying, if you enable the master server uplink. Some master servers use other ports, like 27500.

If you are running Unreal as a server behind a Cable/DSL Router you need to go to the port forwarding menu on your router and forward Unreal's ports to the internal IP that your server has.
Consult the manual and support page of your router / firewall vendor for instructions.
Right, this is the info i was looking for. Thanks alot Hyper! I better get on it then, Thanks a bunch!!
Mental-Hunter
OldUnreal Member

Post by Mental-Hunter »

Hi,

Now there's a name I've not heard in a very long time.
So it is, i PMed you.
medor
OldUnreal Member

Post by medor »

masterservers lines

LINUX users please note: The maximum numbers for uplinks is actually 3 (in some cases it is 4).
UTfiles http://medor.no-ip.org/
Eternity
OldUnreal Member

Post by Eternity »

Information for anybody interested in testing a new master server: http://beta.openspy.net/en/howto/ut99-engine/ut
OpenSpy is an open source GameSpy replacement service. OpenSpy is currently being developed, so developers have added support for UT99 just recently.

Add the following settings into the UBrowserAll ListFactories array to test it on the clients:

UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.openspy.net,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut

And the following into the ServerActors to test it on the servers:

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.openspy.net MasterServerPort=27900

---

UT v469 patch fixes the bug that limited the count of uplinks down to 3 or 4, so it is no longer a problem to use as many uplinks as need, even to all the master servers existing out there.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Hey Eternity, nice.

Does OpenSpy also work with Unreal/Unreal Gold out of curiosity? This thread/subforum is focused on that title. Would also be good to know.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I think it will/might. Why don't you try and see if it does?
Eternity
OldUnreal Member

Post by Eternity »

Kajgue wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:02 pmDoes OpenSpy also work with Unreal/Unreal Gold out of curiosity?
Yes, it does. But with Unreal it was not yet tested that much as with UT99.
Would be nice if admins that host Unreal servers test it and report if some issues found...
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I added openspy on my server. seems it automatically listed the Unreal section and shows my server correctly.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

For Unreal 1 / Unreal Gold you need to use:

GameName=unreal
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Flow

Post by Flow »

medor wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:06 am masterservers lines

LINUX users please note: The maximum numbers for uplinks is actually 3 (in some cases it is 4).GBWhatsApp APK
Thanks for mentioning it.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”