For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Facts!

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Unreal Facts!

Post by EvilGrins »

#1: Skaarj do not taste like chicken.

#2: The lower 2 arms of Nali are not as long as the upper 2, if they lose usage of their upper arms they cannot wash their faces.

#3: Birds on Na Pali are like pigeons from Earth but with better aim. They drop invisible poop on campers all the time.

Got any Unreal Facts to add to this?
New Gaming strategy: Hug everything!
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Unreal Facts!

Post by Hellkeeper »

#4: A handshake with the wrong hand of a Nali is considered a deadly insult.
You must construct additional pylons.
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

#5: Flack Cannon may be tough, but its primary fire scatters too much, secondary fire low projectile range

#6: The Rifle is the best weapon in the game, powerful long range shots + magnifier

#7: The Razor Jack is the worst weapon in the game, shots are too uncontrollable and its more likely to behead you than your enemy

#8: Stinger is lethal at the hands of the Skaarj. Skaarj Infantry may be the most dangerous of the trooper class.

#9: The Stone Titan from Valeora Pass is the King of Napali, he sits in his thrown asleep, annoyed at being awaken by 849 collecting the dp power up. This leads to the most epic fight in the game.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

#10: The Razor Jack is the best weapon in the game, shots are uncontrollable and it's more likely to behead you than your enemy, making it absolutely metal and the weapon of real manly men.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

#3.1: The bio-gun shoots titan snot. Realistically it's a snot-gun.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

#3.1: The bio-gun shoots titan snot. Realistically it's a snot-gun.
You mean it snot-a-gun.

I'll see myself out.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

I feel sorry for the titan if he's sitting down with a cold, I know bio-snot causes damage to titans even.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

11. The GES Bio Rifle is good for setting up traps, they take time to blow up, perfect for trapping enemies ranging from Pupae to Brutes.

12. The Mercenaries in Terriniux are tougher than anywhere else. They are significantly diluted in Nork's Elbow and when you face them much later in The Darkening. The Mercenary Elite is just hype, they aint tough.

13. The Ice Skaarj textured Skaarj in The Darkening isn't an ice skaarj, but the most aggressive skaarj kind The Skaarj Berserker with the texture of Ice Skaarj. He is arguably the toughest skaarj before the giant skaarj. He can survive six flack cannon shots, and I once summoned three skaarj lords to him, he slayed all three easily.

14. ISV Kran Deck 2 and 3 is the coolest level, so many cool stuffs like electric fields, acidic water, and those robotic suits I desperately tried to sue in my early days in vain. The dpecial chamber you get stuck in with a swarm of skaarjs, once a skaarj falls down a fun way to kill them is stepping on the lift allowing it to descend and it will keep bumping on the skaarj till its dead.

15. Skaarj Officer are the most overrated creatures. They are healthy but yield useless razor jacks which even they cant control and can behead themselves with.

16. A titan's rock is the ultimate power, it can kill even warlord and queen in single shot, experimented multiple times, Titans are tough enough, Stone Titans are the King. hail Galla's Peak, two of them !

17. Biggest Mystery in the game: In Nali Castle you follow a Nali out of the dungeons all the way to a lift taht take you to a cave, as you wait and he runs first a jet that was seen back at outpost3sj appears and shoots him down (if you do not wait you get shot too, message says you were killed by a Nali). Now I know thats just a death trigger and all, but the question as per game plot: "who was flying the jet" ? I would have suspected a skaarj, but as the message says Nali, could it really be a Nali taking revange because their "messiah" is leaving them without saving them from the sky demons as prophesied ? Another bunch of nali you save from the dungeons at nali castle justifies that belief, they lead you to a Skaarj Berserker, as if their intention was to let it kill you. When you kill the Skaarj, they are afraid of you even though you din't fire a single shot at them !
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

9.1: Unless you take the Mario route, lead the Titan to the bridge and release the pull trigger in order to turn it into Bowser. That cheeses the fight... And saves ammo.

11.1: But do NOT use the secondary. Secondary sucks.

18: Elite Krall have been Elite before AEW existed.

Last edited by Neon_Knight on Fri May 01, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

11.2 Yeah it is slow but we are using it as a trap for slow moving beings like Brutes and annoying pests like pupae. The secondary fire allows powerful combo shots. Now it is totally useless tactics against fast moving skaarjs and even kralls.

18.1 Speaking of wrestling I once did a fatal four way match between Brute, Mercenary, Skaarj Warrior and Krall using summon. Brute won (tho he normally loses against the skaarj warrior in one on one fights)

19. Skaarj Berserkers have the baddest attitude of any other creatures in the gain, 3:16 xd. (and indeed much like Austin taking over the ratings and nwo becoming a soap opera by 1998, skaarj berserker can beat three kralls simultaneously)

20. Unreal minigun is a joke, but its corrected in UT, way cooler design and ultra effective, easy killing spree. (btw if you walk/fly/ghost in the UT load screen you can summon the original Unreal weapons if I remember correctly, i havent played either games since 2013 so forgive if i am wrong, also you can add unreal bots on ut, they act like all other bots in death matches, in domination, assult, capture the flag tho they will not be part of any team and will stay neutral (like them standing on a control point wont change its color, they can capture flags but cant return it to opposing bases, also if you summon unreal monsters they will never attack the UT ai players even when the UT ai players attack them)

21. Nalis are afraid of anything that attack them except cows (and ofc other nalis). If you summon a cow over a nali and it does some damage it wont bother. However if you summon a Nali over a cow it will be afraid and keep pleading to the Nali. (summon really is the funnest thing there is)

22. Eight Balls in Chizara is seemingly mandatory weapon you need to collect progress to the next level however after the stair opens, you just need to walk close to it, even if you dont collect it after being cementers away the wall to the ceremonial chamber opens up, but why would anyone not collect the best weapon in the game (oh and i prefer the gold classic to the more electronic like ut rocket launcher)

23. You could easily kill the kralls that are "legless" by jumping on them.

24. The kralls (and their elites) dont stand a chance against the mercenaries (and their elites) in close range, but in long range they have more advantage, their beams are more accurate and mercenaries gunning fire isnt that effective, and their rockets gets easier to dodge.

25. Devil Fishes in Bluff Eversmoking have ultra HP, whearas they are easy to kill with simple automages in any other level, in bluff a fully 4 powered up dispersion pistol and a flack cannon both require 3 shots to take them down if I remember right.

26. In mothership lab there is a locked door that will never open in that level (it opens in darkening (once again if i remember right) but the good stuffs in mothership lab are gone by then). If you ghost behind that door within mothership lab, you will see every weapons in the game (except the DP) + the translator, the only other place its available is the very beginning !
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

20. Unreal minigun is a joke, but its corrected in UT, way cooler design and ultra effective
I have to disagree, I prefer the design of the Unreal minigun.
26. In mothership lab there is a locked door that will never open in that level (it opens in darkening (once again if i remember right) but the good stuffs in mothership lab are gone by then). If you ghost behind that door within mothership lab, you will see every weapons in the game (except the DP) + the translator, the only other place its available is the very beginning !
Wow, I never noticed, you're right! :D Mind blown!
Last edited by Hellkeeper on Wed May 06, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stead-Z
OldUnreal Member

Post by Stead-Z »

The Skaarj were stockpiling for lockdown before it was cool.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Fun fact: in UT2004, in Deck17, the area with the sniper rifle in the corridor opposite to the flak cannon has two ceiling. A very simple one which is visible and a second, more complex one, separate from the whole level. It has its own lighting and a few lights in the void between it and the actual level show it was supposed to be connected but was probably moved up by mistake.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

27. Serious Sam in TFE and TSE have the male jumping sound from Unreal.

28. WAR-Hostile in UT3 Titan Pack not only is the only official UT3 map happening on Na Pali, but also has many sounds from U1 such as the Slith roar.

29. Speaking of which, ONS-Dria and the canonically-ascended DM-BP2-GoopGod are the only UT2004 maps taking place on Na Pali.
Last edited by Neon_Knight on Mon May 11, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

#30: The deadliest of all creatures has never been named. When the Tournament achieved 2004 level was when it was 1st discovered.

It is invisible, it is deadly, and it's method of attack is unknown. Randomly it lashes out and gives players aneurysms.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

#31. Using Foregone Destruction or Go Down as the song for your multiplayer map isn't going to make it better.

EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

#31. Using Foregone Destruction or Go Down as the song for your multiplayer map isn't going to make it better.
#31½: Synapse might.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I disagree. If your map sucks, using one of these at least makes one good thing in your crappy map. :D
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

Hellkeeper wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 pm #10: The Razor Jack is the best weapon in the game, shots are uncontrollable and it's more likely to behead you than your enemy, making it absolutely metal and the weapon of real manly men.
Sorry for the extremely late reply, wasnt that active last year with all sorts of $hits in my head, but doing better now, anyway:

come on! The razor jack's secondary fire is so useless, on the other hand The Ripper from UT's secondary fire shots are just amazing, primary lethal razor blade, secondary explosive razor, if I could swipe two Unreal weapons with UT weps it would be Unreal's minigun that just wastes bullets and is so inaccurate with UT's ultra effective one, while the Razor Jack should definitely be swapped with the Ripper. Other than that I love all the other Unreal weapons.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

The Razor is a rather nice weapon in Singleplay, rather useless in Multiplayer imho. It could be way better if alone the speed of the razors would be significantly increased. :)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

wfank30 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:16 am come on! The razor jack's secondary fire is so useless, on the other hand The Ripper from UT's secondary fire shots are just amazing, primary lethal razor blade, secondary explosive razor, if I could swipe two Unreal weapons with UT weps it would be Unreal's minigun that just wastes bullets and is so inaccurate with UT's ultra effective one, while the Razor Jack should definitely be swapped with the Ripper. Other than that I love all the other Unreal weapons.
I agree, the razorjack is deeply flawed and mostly useless. You get tons of ammo you never use throughout the game. It's only good against large slow targets, like brutes or titans. The secondary fire was a mystery to me for years and when I discovered that you could slightly guide the blade in the air with it, it remained fully unused.
I mostly use it to flood a room with blades from behind a corner (when I'm out of flak shells).
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

Well agreeing with both Smirftsch and Hellkeeper (dont know how to quote two in one post) on the part that it is really useful against large opponents, yeah I can take out warlords with nothing but the razor jack and it is pretty accurate, might have judged it too harshly, still the Ripper is tons better. However, the secondary fire is just pathetic and srill cant find the point. I intially disliked the GES too, but then found it useful for setting traps, flooding with razor is good trap too but you have a huge risk of decapitating yourself. But we can agree the minigun is a waste of bullets (tho cool design), UT minigun is my fav, highspeed, even Xan could not dodge it and I can kill anyone in secs with it, imo most accurate and effective weapon f UT. Btw I brought up UT too much on here, returning to Unreal:

32. Pupae and spiders are the most annoying foes ever, small yet good HP, and jumps out of nowhere.
33. Mercenaries are full of $hit literally, that green blood of theirs is the biowaste in the Terraniux,
34. A regular Titan is capable of killing a Wralord and a Queen with a single stone shot, do you think anything beats a Stone Titan?
35. Skaarj are more lethal with the stinger than humans ever could be, their shots are faster and does way more damage. Infantries are to be the most dreaded of the trooper class. Also you cant block stinger tyradium shots, unlike DP and Eightball wielding skaarjs which can easily be blocked with ASDM.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I find the GES to be miles worse than the razorjack and pretty much never use it. The blob is too slow and the damage is not high enough, so it can be easily dodged and isn't very dangerous if you somehow hit. As for making traps, that pretty much never works in my experience.
The minigun is awesome and I love it, I don't even care if it sucks, it's so beautiful. :-*
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

Hellkeeper wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:28 pm I find the GES to be miles worse than the razorjack and pretty much never use it. The blob is too slow and the damage is not high enough, so it can be easily dodged and isn't very dangerous if you somehow hit. As for making traps, that pretty much never works in my experience.
The minigun is awesome and I love it, I don't even care if it sucks, it's so beautiful. :-*
I only find GES useful for setting traps, also its good against annoying papaes and spiders. But its useless against badass Titans (you need to be super close , and being close to a Titan = instant death) , Warlords (no match for a warlord's dodging skills). Its just effective as a trap , however it does pretty ok against slow moving Brutes, but only in sneak attacks (up close you would be blasted by its rockets before you know it), trying the same with a super healthy Behemoth does no good.

The minigun's design is cool, but it wastes bullets and the bullets are weaker than when used with automag. Also skaarj dodge the minigun easier than the automag. I would have loved the automag if only we can carry two like with the enforcer in UT. Rifle imo is all round the most effective weapon, hard to dodge, great at both short distance and sniping form ver long distance, and its shots are powerful, you can kill badass Titans and Warlonds alone with a fully loaded Rifle. Rifle is the only weapon with no weakness, Flak's primary shots scatters too much, secondary low projectile. Eightball is the second most likely weapon to kill yourself than your enemoies after the razor jack, it also makes noise to alert your enemies before you even start attacking, but its extremely effective at long range attacks. Rifle, Flak, Eightball are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best weapons in the original game imo (i forgot about the return to na pali ones). Rifle is also cool design and by far the only purely flawless weapon.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I was with you up to the point you rated the rifle above the flak. The flak is the best. Even when it sucks, it's the most pleasant weapon to use.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”