For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[HELP WANTED]Nali Skeletons

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

[HELP WANTED]Nali Skeletons

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Greetings.

Per my request, for the Episodes project, a new pawn was made by Z-Enzyme. The Nali Skeletons. At that time it was believed to be feature complete, however later (after Z has chosen to become inactive in U1/UT community), I realized that it's missing something.

Currently the mod contains the following:

- a weaponless Nali Skeleton
- Nali Skeleton swordsman with a crude sword
- Nali Skeleton mage firing bolts of various elemental properties depending on class.

However, resources were found that made me realize that more variants are needed. Botpack has a "shield" model which is composed of a shield and two swords crossed behind it and Chaos has its bastard sword and crossbow. Now before you asked, years ago I asked if I can use Chaos weaponry in a project and received the okay and even a "thank you for asking first" type of deal. So let's go through what needs to be done.

- Nali Skeleton Captain: that would utilize one of the swords from the "shield" model and the shield itself for defense, similar to how the Skaarj Trooper uses it, only always having it on, not summoning it from thin air.
- Nali Skeleton brute: that would dual wield the bastard sword from Chaos.
- Nali Skeleton bowman: that would use the Chaos crossbow to snipe away from afar.

Now, sources including the needed models would be provided to the modeller and coder who wish to try their hand with this. I don't have the skills necessary and I believe that before I start donating the Skeletons to projects properly or eventually put 'em to use for my own, this needs finalization first.

Modeller/Animator willing to work with this should agree that the end result must be a vertmesh, just like the original.

Thread will be reposted on other forums in hope for replies.

----

...also, apparently my old password was leaked out so "I" may have been sending some strange messages here and there. I apologize for the unpleasantries caused by those but I assure you that I haven't sent any insults or threats to anyone myself. Take that statement as you will.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: [HELP WANTED]Nali Skeletons

Post by Hellkeeper »

Oh look it's Delacroix! I haven't read his post and have no intention on doing so because I clearly can't help him with that, but I hope you all noticed that 1) I'm the first to answer to him and 2) I'm glad to see him because I was wondering if he was dead. :D
You must construct additional pylons.
medor
OldUnreal Member

Post by medor »

may be help you http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=&search=Skeleton&search_mode=f
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

lol what a bump of a thread. I remember wanting to include the skeletons at least in a secret level for upsx(because dcx kept pushing for its inclusion anyway), but ended up abandoning it because even after converting the resources to 225 compatible ones, they froze the game either way and the way it was coded made it impossible to debug. So that should stay 227 only unfortunately and out of reach for the multi platform mods.
Hellkeeper wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:36 pm Oh look it's Delacroix! I haven't read his post and have no intention on doing so because I clearly can't help him with that, but I hope you all noticed that 1) I'm the first to answer to him and 2) I'm glad to see him because I was wondering if he was dead. :D
Bodega Bay, request the recovery of Delacroix Data Cores.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2029&p=21831&hilit ... res#p21831

either way I am not feeling so great because this thread was bumped, I don't think I even noticed it before or it got flushed out of my memory but I wouldn't want to remember the circumstances around this as they were pretty painful to think about apart from the other feelings it brings.

It also reminds me what an asshole I used to be sometimes especially coupled with that it links to other threads where I wasn't so nice.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”