For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Vehicles

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Vehicles

Post by GreatEmerald »

Woah, nice work oXid, with some alignment it would be just as good! Yes, it's the CARifle, primary fire is similar to UPak's CAR but alt is instead of an instant hit shell explosion like it is in UPak U2 CAR uses a projectile that when exploded ricochets somewhat like flak but only one time. But in UPak you can shoot alt and primary fire the same time and here you can't :)

I'll try adding the physics then and test the U2 vehicles.

Like I've stated in the U2 thread I was running a project for making U2 botmatch work, but if their weapons and vehicles are in UT then it is even better! The hardest thing to make from U2 weapons will probably be the Takkra as I guess it, instead of a projectile, is a pawn!

EDIT: Bulldog doesn't work in UT, here's the message:

Code: Select all

D3D Driver: Encountered oversize texture without sufficient mipmaps

History: MakeNew
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
lycheeliang
OldUnreal Member

Post by lycheeliang »

emerald, i think it is more of a d3d texture mipmapping problem...i can summon all u2vehicles fine in ut99 when i tried software rendering, haven't test opengl though. But the textures on the bulldog seriously look ugly in softwarerender.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Can't it be mipmapped correctly then? :) Does UT have OpenGL or do I need the Multimedia patch for that? And is it better than D3D?
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

To hell with mip-maps, why the hell does a texture REQUIRE mipmaps? Half the time I import textures I uncheck "Auto Generate Mipmaps".

- Fenix
lycheeliang
OldUnreal Member

Post by lycheeliang »

Can't it be mipmapped correctly then? :) Does UT have OpenGL or do I need the Multimedia patch for that? And is it better than D3D?
There are good opengl renderers for ut99
here http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/
Yes strictly speaking, opengl is better than d3d...and kinda faster too.
Last edited by lycheeliang on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Hmm? Is that patch better than OldUnreal's here? http://www.oldunreal.com/oldunrealpatches.html

And how is it going oXid, I see you have changed your avatar :) Oh and you forgot the hand in the CAR model.
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by KillerSkaarj »

Hold on, about the Unreal 2 vehicles... How do you summon things in Unreal2? I've tried to summon things in there before but nothing happened... I'm confused...

And now there are people saying the Unreal 2 vehicles can be used in UT99! What in the fedge!

Can somebody please elaborate?

Oh, and .:..:, those U1 vehicles ROCK now! I congratulate thee for thine effort (I've always wanted to say that! :D).

EDIT: DUDE! That Unreal 2 weapon in Unreal looks AWESOME! I can't wait to play them in Unreal1!
Last edited by KillerSkaarj on Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

I updated again on VehiclePhys.u file (v 1.3), check the first post for more info and link.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
OldUnreal Member

Oh well, seams like UnrealShredder.com site has gone down now.
I'll upload these files on some other site later then.

EDIT: Nvm, seams like it were just temporarly down.
Last edited by .:..: on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
lycheeliang
OldUnreal Member

Post by lycheeliang »

Oh well, seams like UnrealShredder.com site has gone down now.
I'll upload these files on some other site later then.
dun worry dots, its back on now.

EDIT: Spacejets blow up upon crashing on a wall, whereas hoverjets don't. is it a bug or is it meant to be like that? Anyway great to see another update dots.
Last edited by lycheeliang on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by KillerSkaarj »

Yeah, nice update. I definitely saw the civil car going faster down the hill in Spire village (Spire village is the perfect map for vehicle testing. A giant hill to drive up on, the map is huge, big strong enemies to take down with the tank... it's almost as if Epic designed it for vehicles.). Good job as always!
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

In UT2004 the jet fighters always explode when crashing into a wall, that's what .:..: did for his SkaarjSpaceJet. So yeah it was meant to be like that.

The CIVIL CAR mesh is the BEST IN THE ENTIRE MOD!!!!!! IT IS A WORK OF ART!!!

*wags tail*

- Fenix
Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rob-Bot »

Hey .:..:, I can send you some nice models such as bmw's, a truck, and some van all imported from Tatical Ops if you want. First post btw :D
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

My mentally ill friend (who Jackrabbit thinks is "funny" to mock) is currently working on converting a schoolbus mesh to make a Vigilante 8 (N64) \ Interstate 76 (PC) type vehicle, along with some other random cars.

- Fenix
lycheeliang
OldUnreal Member

Post by lycheeliang »

Hey .:..:, I can send you some nice models such as bmw's, a truck, and some van all imported from Tatical Ops if you want. First post btw :D
cool, can we see pics of them?

anyway im still dislike skaarjspacejet for it is pretty much hard to control and as much as i try my best to steer it, it always goes boom at the slightest touch of the wall.
Last edited by lycheeliang on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRIMEVAL
OldUnreal Member

Post by PRIMEVAL »

My mentally ill friend (who Jackrabbit thinks is "funny" to mock) is currently working on converting a schoolbus mesh to make a Vigilante 8 (N64) \ Interstate 76 (PC) type vehicle, along with some other random cars.

- Fenix
Vigilante 8 was a good game (well, the 2nd one was at least). Looking forward to this one ^.^
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

Don't confuse Interstate 76 with Vigilante 8, my friend actually HAS the original N64-Cartage for Vigilante 8 and he has the IN76 "Nitro-Pak" CD that came with his VooDoo2 card.

Both games had a school bus vehicle but Vigilante 8 had special weapons for it (like with EVERY OTHER car).

The schoolbus mesh is coming off a entirely DIFFERENT game btw.

- Fenix
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

anyway im still dislike skaarjspacejet for it is pretty much hard to control and as much as i try my best to steer it, it always goes boom at the slightest touch of the wall.

Then go to flight school! (... bad AVP2 reference)

- Fenix
Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rob-Bot »

Hey .:..:, I can send you some nice models such as bmw's, a truck, and some van all imported from Tatical Ops if you want. First post btw  :D
cool, can we see pics of them?

Sure,

VAN

REGULAR CAR

BMW WHITE & YELLOW/JEEP

TRUCK/HUMMER

Hope you like  8-)
Last edited by Rob-Bot on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

Kindly adjust your brightness so people other than myself are able to see this. Can I help it that I have near perfect vision for dark images?

Hummers are the most fuel-inefficient vehicles in the world.

Hey .:..: should make the vehicles run out of fuel after being driven for long periods, lmfao...

- Fenix
lycheeliang
OldUnreal Member

Post by lycheeliang »

Then go to flight school! (... bad AVP2 reference)

- Fenix
i tried to bring the plane up by moving my mouse up(direction of jet controlled by mouse) but the thing continued to go down instead, and smashed onto the floor.

Snakebite, those models are 133t! Hope .:..: can adopt them

In viglilante 2nd offense there is this truck loader that can thrust other cars into its container thru its front claws and smash them for good damage. Is there a way to have that kind of vehicle in u1?

Post by Age »

Some bugs:
Micro civilcar really strees too slow, also civilcar does. Some more vehicles also.
Wheels don't "follow" vehicle rotation on cliffs.
Vehicles get extra speed when steering left and right all the time while driving.
Better exitoffset, like more if vehicles disable collision for a second when exit.

Ideas:
I'd like if vehicles can push actors without instant stopping (bumps back when hit actor), and without throwing actors so far.
Last edited by Age on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

Guess what, we all KNEW about these bugs to begin with.

- Fenix
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

My notes on the vehicles, I installed OpenGL patch from OU:
1. In UT, the textured are some kind of noise instead of real ones.
2. I didn't find out how to exit a vehicle.
3. The controls to enter the vehicle are not that good - why crouch and then forward? Why not Enter as everywhere else?
4. There are no weapons in U2 vehicles?
5. They can use teleporters, but can't take flags :) And you can use them when you have the flag.
6. When you die inside a vehicle, you simply exit it and have 0 hitpoints - you can walk around in that state etc. To respawn you need to use the suicide command.

That's not with the latest VehiclePhys but still! And I can't get that, UShredder is off again...
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldUnreal Member

My notes on the vehicles, I installed OpenGL patch from OU:
1. In UT, the textured are some kind of noise instead of real ones.
2. I didn't find out how to exit a vehicle.
3. The controls to enter the vehicle are not that good - why crouch and then forward? Why not Enter as everywhere else?
4. There are no weapons in U2 vehicles?
5. They can use teleporters, but can't take flags :) And you can use them when you have the flag.
6. When you die inside a vehicle, you simply exit it and have 0 hitpoints - you can walk around in that state etc. To respawn you need to use the suicide command.

That's not with the latest VehiclePhys but still! And I can't get that, UShredder is off again...
1: I guess recompiling that package on UT'99 would solve the problem.
2: It still should be your throw weapon key.
3: There is no way to check externally whenever player pressed enter, so I used crouch key (so you wouldnt unwantedly enter vehicles).
4: Yes there are (but most of them only are on passenger seats, you can switch seats in vehicles by pressing weapon switch keys: 1,2,3,4,...).
5: About teleporters, I enabled that to fix some racing maps Pcube made that has teleporters. As for the flags I cant make player drop flag when he enters vehicle (becouse thats an UT feature, not unreal 1).
6: I never actually noticed this one, I guess I accidently added this on later version.
(ಠ_ಠ)

Return to “Unreal General Forum”