For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Vehicles

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Vehicles

Post by GreatEmerald »

Woah... How is that possible? Should crash something, as the server says the vehicle is inide a wall, while the client knows it can't be inside one?
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

no they just lose collision somehow to the server, the client still thinks its there because if you try to walk through them you stop for a second then teleport through..
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Aah, so that's just like when you walk through some complex Static Meshes online in UT2004.
Feralidragon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Feralidragon »

Good to hear that there's some progress. But just a few questions:
- Are you testing them only in Unreal, or in UT as well?
- There will be any auto-installer (encrypted package of course) for servers or everyone has to download it first?
- There will be any physics enhancements or other features? (like boat, legs) [btw, in the old pack the hover falls into the water for example, don't forget to check that in the new one. I have a way to fix that in the old one, since it's only UScript side, but this new one, take that into acount]

Well, I won't ask the beta release, because there's no such thing. So when it's done it's done (it's my base too, since I know how hard can that be). I am very interested in this pack, as it is the only one that works so well, and since I was planning to code something like this, it's really like I want (seperate pieces, like wheels, turrets, etc), but as I discovered this, I don't want rediscover the fire, and I think I coudn't do this any better, no way. LOL

Btw, a little tip from a noob coder like me, but might be the solution to fix that collision thing:
remember one thing about online games: vectors and rotators components are returned to the nearest integer in a online play (like locations and stuff). So, what I mean is, check if your collision detection method needs full precision or not. You might need another way to detect collision, as it can't rely in precise decimal numbers.

Well, good luck in that development ;)
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

The collision only started acting up after the native conversion, and we already know about that whole deal with compression, i doubt thats the issue since you really can't miss a gigantic vehicle by a minute amount.

And if it gets done in time it will ship with 227, and as for UT you're probably going to have each client to download it seperately since .dlls don't transfer over the internet, which makes sense.. if that worked, um lets just say you could basically download viruses onto someones computer like that
]Rubberwood
OldUnreal Member

Post by ]Rubberwood »

I found a bug where if your in the sports car (haven't tried other vehicles) and crash, die, and load a different game, you move faster then normal speed. (If this was mentioned before in a previous page, bear with me, I had no patience to read them)
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

lol wth, it retains your groundspeed increase.. weird, either way should be an easy fix..
Feralidragon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Feralidragon »

The bug happenned in the UScript version or native one? (the speed thing)

Btw, I know you know that online compression thing, just saying because with so many things and variables to consider, you could have just forgot about it.

Well, just talking in a installer because there's a UT cheat detector that has one, but that would make the vehicles package to be encrypted. So, yeah, it's better to not do one (since I want to make my own vehicles as well with the physics pack).

Another thing, as I asked back then, there will be any physics enhancements/features in the native side one?

Well, I hope everything runs fine in the end. I am working in a standalone project of mine to UT, doing new weapons, new stuff, and I will need to have some vehicles as well. So, by the time I actually start them, if you make this pack available to public, I will use this native one (and give bug reports and so), if not, and since the UScript one won't be ever updated again, I will use it instead and fix what I can fix, and get better what I can too (of course, I won't modify the original package, I will subclass and override the functions in my own classes, I respect that very much).

Good luck with the development  ;)
Feralidragon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Feralidragon »

Any possibility to reply to my post above?
Feralidragon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Feralidragon »

Another thing, as I asked back then, there will be any physics enhancements/features in the native side one?
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

You'll have to ask dots.. he's the one with the native code :P
billy the sumthing

Post by billy the sumthing »

hi .:..:,

I really like these U_vehicles. I would like to use them in maps on UT server i play on. I hope this is ok?

I don't plan on using U2_vehicles because some only work with opengl and i can't guarantee that players won't be using D3D and i prefer the way D3D looks.

So I guess your not working on the vehicles anymore, since you will be working on native stuff. Will the new native mods be released to the public. I think this could be really good for some UT servers with big maps.

Would you be able to give any tips on modding these vehicles you've already made?
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Native vehicles won't work in UT99, only Unreal, because to make native mods work, you need to send DLL files, which can come only from patches (such as 227) or other internet downloads, so not everyone will have them.
AnnihilaTioN
OldUnreal Member

Post by AnnihilaTioN »

Hello all, my name is AnnihilaTioN. This is pretty much my first post I have ever made on Oldunreal, and I hope I'm in the right section for my inquiry. I have been an active player/level designer in the unreal community for about 10 yrs now. I currently have around 40 maps released mostly ran on Redrum Deathmatches. Anyways anything I've basically ever wanted to do related to mapping I've been able to figure out on my own until now hehe. Well I think most of us are familiar with Dots vehicles mod for UT99 that has been imported to oldunreal...YEAH! lol
But anyways I'm familiar with how the vehicles work and how to change their mesh's and create my own. In doing this I'm running into a problem that makes some of the vehicles that I've changed the mesh's on to drive sideway's or backwards. I have a master goal for a map I have had in mind for yrs now I wanna make and I desperately need a fix for this problem. I've imported all the Fuhrpark5Final models from UT99 to oldunreal and I would like them all in working order, but unfortunately like i mentioned above some of the models do not drive straight when I substitute them for the sports car's mesh. I caught wind there is a way to somehow rotate all the models direction so in a way that when added to a level they wud be facing the same direction as the sports car is? I have tried multiple ways to do this but it doesn't seem to save. If there is any1 out there that can help me with this issue I would so greatly appreciate your time and effort. Also I made a really nice custom set of motor/speedboat and windsail models/deco for a nice drivable boat mod. I tried to use the submarine class and substitue my mesh's for it but they wont float and move above the water? So Ill keep checking back everyday for any leads on this...so again ty for any help with these issues the main one being the undesired movement from substituted mesh's on the sports car. TY -AnnihilaTioN.....Also is there still a download section on here for maps? I have quite a few works of art I think its finally time I shared with all the unreal community for DL so if so let me know and I will get started packaging them in zip folders.
If your life was a video game I'd be the creator
AnnihilaTioN
OldUnreal Member

Post by AnnihilaTioN »

In addition to my last post regaurding the vehicle problem I have I just remembered another task I would like to accomplish. The Fuhrpark5Final models Ive imported from UT99 to oldunreal were extremely easy to work with because they were all simply prefabs I exported and then used meshmaker to turn into Deco for oldunreal, anyways with the Fuhrpark models package for UT there is a decoration class called FuhrparkDeco.u which contains some amazingly awesome models such as the camaro67 and others I would love to add to my vast collection of vehicles in oldunreal. So does any1 know how I can import this from UT99 to oldunreal. It being a packaged class for UT unlike all the others that were simply prefabs Im having trouble figuring this out. So any help will be greatly appreciated TY -AnnihilaTioN =)
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

can you upload this stuff somewhere?
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
AnnihilaTioN
OldUnreal Member

Post by AnnihilaTioN »

Not really, do you have somewhere in mind maybe a free storage site or something or I could zip or winrar them to send to email?
Last edited by AnnihilaTioN on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnnihilaTioN
OldUnreal Member

Post by AnnihilaTioN »

OK, checking back and no word.....feeling a bit anxious on the matter, lol as it being my current project I'll try to remain patient. As far as progress on my end, while messing with the mesh viewer i noticed a tool called "Auto Dolly" now when activated it spins the models direction 360 degrees and can be stopped at any given point by hitting the tool key again. Strangley enough on my first time experimenting with this on one of the deco models that doesn't drive straight when substituted for the sports cars' mesh, i rotated and stopped it to face the way of the sports car when added to the level and it worked. When used it drove straight and correctly. Now every one I used after this did not work, so im leaning towards the one model i used i had maybe overlooked and it worked correctly to begin with, but I'm not sure so I figured I'd throw that out there in case of any insight. However still desperately awaiting an answer from anyone who might have some more info on the subject. And just in case of any confusion I want to explain one more time exactly the problem im experiencing to make it clear in case ive rambled on or didint explain correctly. While adding vehicles to my level I use the sportscar (U_Vehicles and VehiclePhys) and add it to the level. Then I go into its properties and while I have my custom Deco (Desired Models/Different car mesh's) loaded in the ED, I go to the sports car's mesh property and change it by going into mesh viewer and selecting the model of my choice. From there I texture it in multiskins to my likings and go to test. When tested in level 90% of my models either drive backwards or sideways. Now I've converted all the Fuhrpark5Final models to U1 as mentioned before and would very much like them all in working order!!! It would be a wonderfull tool for the U1 community to have all these meshes being available for use on vehicles in U1 maps. This not only applies to the ground vehicles (sports car) but the air vehicles as well, because there are many good mesh's that can be used for air vehicles such as the heli mesh/deco in the INF_SpecialDecorationClass or the large covered trucks that are in that class. Oddly enough certain models from that class work for vehicles such as the tanks and humv's as I've utilized them on one of my levels called DmAfghanistanWars. Well Dots or anyone else with any ideas if your out there and see this post I would really appreciate your help on the matter. TYVM -AnnihilaToN
Last edited by AnnihilaTioN on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

oh, sorry. Missed that one. You can mail me also. My mailbox should be able to handle that :)
Can upload it then here.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Kalec979
OldUnreal Member

Unreal2 Vehicles

Post by Kalec979 »

In the past I got my hands on a UT friendly version of the
U2Vehicles which can be downloaded here >>
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6SYA3IUN
They are scaled to fit to the UnrealApache - Enjoy! 

:D ;) :P
Last edited by Kalec979 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Any chance this will get an update (once 227j releases)? I see a lot of conflicting code and the vehicles lag quite significantly online even when I join on the host machine. I'm considering adding more vehicles to this once I get the models for my project.
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

This is cool man, i love how passionate you people are about the game developing all these mods and even vehicles. Sometimes I really feel like playing again, but for now I am retired, but if I ever do, I will definitely try some of these mods and ride those vehicles. All the best. :)
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Sorry to resurrect this thread. But I was planning to make/release an extension of this mod(of the u2vehicles specifically not sure if that was posted here or separately) with some other vehicles, like for example what is avaiable from the unreal warfare vehicles (bulldog was originally one as well) and convert it into "uwar vehicles" or something, though the designation uwar might be confusing because there existed a mod for unreal and ut with the same name (believe the ut version still exists in one form in the websites I found).

If anyone's interested in this please contact me because I won't have time to fully make this mod.

I believe dots originally converted the meshes to brush originally in ued3 then exported them as t3d and used the meshmaker program or similar to turn it into an unreal mesh.

Even though what we have from leak(s) is not 100 percent unreal warfare vehicles there were ever made, its a good chunk and selection of them, maybe even those funky udn vehicles could be added separately too.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”