For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Vanilla Servers

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
JollyOlSport
OldUnreal Member

Unreal Vanilla Servers

Post by JollyOlSport »

So, after my friend got Unreal, we struggled to find any decent coop servers. Is there any easy way/tutorial on how to create one? If not, can someone maybe help me find the one I'm looking for? Thanks!

-Able to change maps (Ranging from Unreal/RTNP
-No Gun/Item re-spawn
-Above Medium Difficulty
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Vanilla Servers

Post by Leo T_C_K »

switchcooplevel mapname servertravel mapname

With Upak you need to run a fix mutator as extra, there were several released but 227 also comes with own one in separate package.

Run the server with mapname?difficulty=3 for Unreal difficulty for example. The weapon stay you can change in the configuration file, bcoopweaponmode
Or acess that from the server properties.

Of course run it also with ?game=unrealshare.coopgame if you wanna run the default coop.
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Post by Masterkent »

Is there any easy way/tutorial on how to create one?
Google: unreal coop server guide -> How to host a unreal server (seems to be a decent explanation, excluding the recommendations regarding bandwidth limits).
-Able to change maps (Ranging from Unreal/RTNP
As admin or plain user?
-No Gun/Item re-spawn

Code: Select all

admin set CoopGame bCoopWeaponMode true
admin set CoopGame bInstantWeaponRespawn false
admin set CoopGame bInstantItemRespawn false
in console when joining with admin rights

If you gonna use JCoopZ, then JCoopZGame should be used instead of CoopGame.
-Above Medium Difficulty
Specify ?difficulty=3 in the command line that is used to run the server or execute

SwitchCoopLevel Vortex2?difficulty=3
in console when joining with admin rights (Vortex2 can be replaced by any other map).
Last edited by Masterkent on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JollyOlSport
OldUnreal Member

Post by JollyOlSport »

Thanks for the help guys!! Also got some aid from my older brother who previously had to port forward for Unreal as well.

https://gyazo.com/fd9429baabd948ac8ddffa8f83db41c4
JollyOlSport
OldUnreal Member

Post by JollyOlSport »

Oh, and a quickie before I go.

-As an admin (Referring back to Kent's response)
-How will I go about implementing these commands? Aren't I already Admin? (I tried typing these in the console before I left)
-How might I start the game via the title screen? As in, Unreal Intro or RTNP Intro?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

By doing the "Open mapname?" command for example. You should set your admin password in your unreal.ini and then when logging in to your server use ?password=adminpw
like open 127.0.0.1?password=adminpw when connecting to a dedicated server if you want to run a dedicated server using -server
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Post by Masterkent »

-How will I go about implementing these commands? Aren't I already Admin? (I tried typing these in the console before I left)
That depends on the chosen game class and whether you use a listen server. If you use UnrealShare.CoopGame as the game class, then

- the direct user of a listen server has admin rights by default (I wouldn't recommend using a listen server because of worse stability and presence of specific glithes);
- a user who joins with a password matching the non-empty admin password specified on the server (if any) gets admin rights.

In case of UnrealShare.CoopGame, there are basically two ways to specify admin password on the server: by inserting ?AdminPassword=YourPassword in the command line that is used to run the server, or by setting AdminPassword of GameInfo either through modifying Unreal.ini

[Engine.GameInfo]
AdminPassword=YourPassword
or by executing "set GameInfo AdminPassword YourPassword" in the server console (for a listen server, it's a plain game console; for a dedicated server, it's a console that can be called from the corresponding tray icon).

If the admin password is specified in both ways, the command line argument takes precedence over the GameInfo property (GameInfo's AdminPassword will be set to match that argument).

Getting admin rights by a user can be done by specifying ?Password=YourPassword in the URL that is used to connect to the server. Such a URL can be typed in console manually or be automatically generated by the game UI. The automatic generation can be done by means of right-clicking on server-name in the server browser and choosing "Join with Password" (only if you're using a 227 client).

Password matching in standard game classes (such as UnrealShare.CoopGame) is case-insensitive.

The simplest way to check if you have admin rights is to execute something like "god" or "admin say hi" in the game console. If you see a message that indicates that the execution succeeded, then you have admin rights, otherwise you don't.
-How might I start the game via the title screen? As in, Unreal Intro or RTNP Intro?
I don't understand the question.
Last edited by Masterkent on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

He means in the flyby and I already answered that. He means starting the server via the open command...
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Post by Masterkent »

He means starting the server via the open command...
Telepathy mode on? I don't know any way to launch a dedicated server using the open command. With "relaunch" it should look like

relaunch Vortex2?Game=UnrealShare.CoopGame?Difficulty=3?AdminPassword=HisFavouritePassword -server
Using a batch file instead would be more convenient though.
Last edited by Masterkent on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”