For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Conversion Map Order

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
vampirus64
OldUnreal Member

Unreal Conversion Map Order

Post by vampirus64 »

I start Unreal to UT4 conversion and want combine Unreal and RTNP and some beta maps to one episode. What do you think about map order for this conversion. I already convert geometry with old textures and fix BSP holes (HOM) for all Unreal, RTNP maps and Nexus, Soledad, Morose from RTNPUE.
Unreal forever...
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Conversion Map Order

Post by Leo T_C_K »

This is a difficult question. If you port RTNP UE maps please try to limit the custom krall encounters as they've gone over the top and try to change the translator messages, especially the ones retconning JRath as some random general douchebag, while he was always intended as a war god.

But well, if you isnist on having ity a single campaign you could just start from skybase - have the teleporter break down temporarily and instead have skypod bringing you down to fhub4 as it was intended. Then comes the question what next...perhaps revisit skybase later on through other means, by hyjacking skaarj shuttle for example. There used to be a cut map from Unreal which had you see the shuttle actually fly from a bay similar to the one in skybase.

The actual rtnp maps are the problem, because you can't really tie it in the story that well. Myself I'd keep them separate.

But you could also have it land at UMS Chantilly or something instead of fhub4...but the whole marine story wouldn't make sense then. Unless that's just ignored and the marines are there to just hunt any survivors and there's no pardon in exchange for help....

In that sense it can be tied into a single story. yea why not have escape from na pali bring you into sky islands again anyway? You could use the beta skyislands ideas and mix it all up a little and this time you'd end up using the actual teleporter. The locked doors could have led to nali prophet's burial grounds, which were on na pali but this story point got lost in the release version, altogether with the real skycity maps being lost like Amethyst. You can still see amethyst or something similar at the drawings of the start-pads at dmcurse for example.
There was tons of unfinished stuff, but Jeremy War made only one sky island and it's clear you were first visiting another with a floating castle...

Return to “Unreal General Forum”