For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Hello from the past!

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
NCMinus
OldUnreal Member

Hello from the past!

Post by NCMinus »

I was thinking about Unreal and how many years I had spent in the game and how many awesome people I had come to know along the way. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when I found OldUnreal still alive and kicking.
So many years have passed since I've played but the game will always be in my heart as it started my journey into PC's and tech in general.
I still stay in touch with a few people that I met in game and have met in person with a few over the years while traveling across the country.
Just wanted to leave a hello and thank this community for being such an inspiration to so many. I think the Unreal community was one of the greatest things that I was a part of and will always remember it fondly.
I hope the people that are still around are well and the ones we've lost along the way are remembered.
Minus aka John from NC.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: Hello from the past!

Post by Hyper »

You're }TCP{Minus right?
Welcome Back!
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I think he was in multiple clans...or maybe minus is just a common name and they are all three different people.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Iirc you still owe me a hot chilli sauce better than Tabasco.

Welcome back m8 ;)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
NCMinus
OldUnreal Member

Post by NCMinus »

Hyper wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:24 am You're }TCP{Minus right?
Welcome Back!
Hey there Hyper. I was in TCP for sure. Good times. I was also with Newbies,LW and had my own clan GTF at one point.
NCMinus
OldUnreal Member

Post by NCMinus »

Smirftsch wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:43 am Iirc you still owe me a hot chilli sauce better than Tabasco.

Welcome back m8 ;)
Haha! Hey there Smirf! Tapatio is better!
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

NCMinus wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:17 pm
Hyper wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:24 am You're }TCP{Minus right?
Welcome Back!
Hey there Hyper. I was in TCP for sure. Good times. I was also with Newbies,LW and had my own clan GTF at one point.
Ah yes so he is the same guy after all and even more clans than I thought. I saw him around as Minus "DOG" of course, too..
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

I've been a part of the Unreal community for 23 years. I know what you mean. I've made some friends from different parts of the world. Places I'd never be able to visit. Some of those were just kids, while I was in my 30's. I got to be a small part of watching them grow into adults and have kids of their own. Some have died. Like Bruce Fisher aka Sinji Dog. He was one of the original members of Mars, and then a member (and mapper) of DOG. I miss you, brother.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Buster ... (mars)Buster ... Buster<KoR> ... oldsneakyb
NCMinus
OldUnreal Member

Post by NCMinus »

Buster wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:51 am I've been a part of the Unreal community for 23 years. I know what you mean. I've made some friends from different parts of the world. Places I'd never be able to visit. Some of those were just kids, while I was in my 30's. I got to be a small part of watching them grow into adults and have kids of their own. Some have died. Like Bruce Fisher aka Sinji Dog. He was one of the original members of Mars, and then a member (and mapper) of DOG. I miss you, brother.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Buster ... (mars)Buster ... Buster<KoR> ... oldsneakyb
Hey Buster! I'm with you man. Unreal was such a huge part of my life. Fortunate to still have lifelong friends from the experience. Bruce(Sinji)was a really nice guy. He was even a part of GTF for awhile. We had some members buy his custom cheesecake when he was doing that. Some I suspect have passed on we don't even know about. Mike(Wisdom)is one,a few others as well. I've tried to track some down but dead ended. Glad to know you're still out there in the world my Canadian friend. You should drop Jeb aka Shortbusrider a line sometime,he asks about you now and then. ;)

Return to “Unreal General Forum”