For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

BOSS fight

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

BOSS fight

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I had a dream about a boss fight that was supposed to be in one of the cancelled expansion packs, possibly even the Impel productions pack that is so unknown or whatever it was that Zen Tao was involved at one point (aside from their VR game/addon thing).

Basically it was a Radikus-like arena of multiple floors, the checkerboard floor was prominent there.

The boss itself I have difficulty remembering now, but it was more like a warlord fight but the BOSS was only slightly larger than player so it also had kind of a botmatch feel to it.

There were at least three floors and there were some teleporter pads that only the BOSS could use. Its possible they were even regular teleporters that worked only on his classname. So that he had to explicitly walk into them as opposed to teleport at random. But I don't know exactly.

There was a new item present, some kind of explosive that reminded of the Infiltration proxy mines in function.

The fight could take very long but the trick was to use those explosives near the pads and time it so that the BOSS would run into them after teleporting when he was the most vulnerable.

I hope this makes sense, I remember ramps and stairs and some torches apart from that. Definitely skycity themed.

A bit of an unusual BOSS fight, but still, if anyone of you like this idea feel free to use it for something....

Perhaps it was an actual alternate reality or perhaps this thing did exist and was really how it was meant to play out.

Maybe if I could fully retain memories or become someone like "Dr. Strange" in multiverse of KAAL SPARTA MADNESS then I could have even brought the files over! lol
(I didn't see that film btw but just the title is enough to know what its basically about lol)
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Re: BOSS fight

Post by wfank30 »

It could be him, the special Mercenary Elite in The Darkening. When we talk about that map we mainly discuss the special skaarjs, but the 2/3 Mercenaries in that map have have significant health and that mercenary elite is kinda like the boss of all mercenaries, he is so tough can easily kill Giant Gasbag and Behemoth in one go and even a skaarj queen, the ability to attack whie using the shield and significan health compared to any other map and rockets smaller than Warlord's but still sorta powerful, (I know you can mod and make even powerful foes but this one was made by og Developers and is canon) this guy is like a boss of all Mercenaries (other mercenary elkites are not as tough as him, like the one in Noork is too easy), I give you the boss of all Mercenaries, the Extreme Dark/The Darkening special Mercenary Elite:

Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: BOSS fight

Post by Leo T_C_K »

That wasn't him lol. I believe the boss I talked about was custom, but ugh there is another boss mercenary elite in episode 3 of Unreal PSX, perhaps even more memorable than this fight as it feels like actual boss fight.

What is strange though I can't recall a single thing about this dream now at all apart from obviously reading my description. Like it got completely erased from my memory. Perhaps that's why I noted it down. As a potential idea to use.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”