For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Jazz Jackrabbit 3D(having some fun with PC game experiments)

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
gamerzonenation31w

Jazz Jackrabbit 3D(having some fun with PC game experiments)

Post by gamerzonenation31w »

So it looks like Delacroix turned on his Steam account private(it's hard to say if he blocked me twice on Discordapp in many of another accounts). As he once said that he was interested in revival of Jazz Jackrabbit 3D by reinterpreting his own words. I'm still not sure of what if he's still interested in. How unfortunate that JazzGruff/Clover Gruff gave up and considered deciding to quit permamently possibly perhaps he should join us instead of being active on Jazz2Online and UnrealSP.org.
https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=19325
https://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtop ... f=3&t=2459
Delacroix wanted to make Jazz Jackrabbit 3D as Unreal Gold/Tournament game mod.
If Yrex he or she(that person got voice like reminding me one of former Sega Technical Institute employees such as Christina Coffin)is still interested maybe it would be better if brand new Jazz Jackrabbit 3D OST would rather use some NectoUlin,Alexander Brandon,Michiel Van Den Bos,Andrew Sega soundtrack quality not exactly like genric MIDI soundtracks used in Unreal Gold Steele Dawn that sounds kind of like Bomberman and Pac-Man clones. It looks like I share some common things symbolically speaking with Sonic the Hedgehog(Sonic Retro Forum Community Members)they are also wondering about releases as Jazz Jackrabbit new installments).
It looks like Delacroix would rather put all JJ3D assets to U1(Unreal 1). I putted as testing of many random experiments Jazz Jackrabbit in Unreal Gold and Unreal Tournament hardware and software limitations(it lacks still of textures,physics,collission detection,blurred out 3D low poly retro nostalgia old school aesthetics landscapes,other playable and unplayable NPCs').
Were Queen Eva Earlong,King Jazz Earlong would be as originally intended to be playable characters besides Spaz Jackrabbit,Lori,Razz A'Ma Tazz,Princess Teknika,Waverly,Homey,Hip Hop,Coldano and Prince Frizzle?
According to Arhn.eu it would be LFG2000,Gizmo Gun and Royal Blazer(any ideas how it might look like in future unofficial,fanmade game patches),but I also discovered in Unreal Engine 1/Unreal Editor 1.0 some sort of gadget called named JWPN2(that it's look like hook slingshot or swingshot-kind of like in Ratchet and Clank).
LEOTCK would do Jazz Jackrabbit 3D,but he would do it without voice acting like in case of Unreal Gold Steele Dawn like in case of Delacroix's vision I guess kind of like in Unreal Total Conversion or like in Jazz Jackrabbit 3D Tech Demo. He would also use older earlier game builds in case of Diabolizz or Swirlpool or even maybe Superburger.
But how Tubelectric from 2D would redesigned in 3D?
What kind of changed movements Jazz,Spaz,Eva and Lori would have? I guess Razz A'Ma Tazz would be more like mentor kind of like Tikal the Echidna's spirit in Sonic Adventure 1 or Omochao in Sonic Adventure 2 or Toad from Super Mario Bros.(Super Mario 64)?
I guess at least we have already Carrotus 3D hub world,Pyramidus(in Jazz 224 not available in Jazz 400 Calypso),but still no leaks about Tubelectric,Diabolizz,Swirlpool,Superburger in which direction these days nowadays Jazz Jackrabbit 3D would go with Mario(Nintendo)direction or Sonic(Sega)?
Would Tubelectric as redesigned in 3D look more like Egg Carrier and Sky Deck from Sonic Adventure or more like Chemical Plant Zone act. 2 in Sonic Generations,but more like 3D low poly aesthetics so Unreal Engine 1(final build might handle it)?
I even started experimenting myself alone without delacroix anyone no one just only myself with in-game menu settings.
Still no results of after pausing the game of being able to return to the main menu,but rather closing Jazz3D.exe instead.
Also Unreal software console command prompt cheat codes are not always working properly and someone else should fix it.
Do you have any experience with drawing 3D concept arts,fanarts,doodles,sketches,drafts,models sheets,image references?
Also it seems Jazz Jackrabbit 2 had some sort of unused intro possibly it would be related to stage Formerly A Prince.
I even waited when Delacroix will finish Unreal : Steele Dawn I asked him even if I could help him however he rejected my offer of helping him(it looks he's very secretive guy probably none of my business regarding his private life). At least trying to pretend that I was very patient.
I offered him activity in Jazz2Online,but he refused. He said not yet that by reinterpreting his own words Unreal Steele Dawn first(right now it's finished)also for him he looked like he wasn't interested due to others on Jazz2Online being rather focused on Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and Jaz Jackrabbit 2.
In Jazz Jackrabbit 2 The Secret Files Jazz and Lori had both helicopters Spaz however had double jump. Would at least Jazz has still his own helicopter according to Jazz Jackrabbit 3D documentation like Rayman in Rayman 2,Miles"Tails"Prower the Fox or rather another brand new movement?
Would someone continue Jazz/CloverGruff's game patches or not?
Is someone still interested or not no more anymore?
Were besides Jazz,Spaz,Lori,Razz,Eva Teknika,Waverly,Homey,Hip Hop,Coldano,Homey also originally intended to be playable characters? According to delacroix those characters would be unlockable.
But how Unreal Engine 1(final build)would support according to Delacroix .psk/.psa files if they are related to Unreal Tournament 3?
I'm not even sure what kind of file Unreal Editor 2.1 and Unreal Editor 2.2,but definitely it's not _d.3d/_a.3d files maybe at least .obj or .dae.
Not that I'm stubborn or be ignorant,but UED 1.0 is supporing just only _d.3d/_a.3d. Somehow I managed to extract all game assets by using Unreal Model Viewer.
How unfortunate that Unreal Tournament 4 Forum got closed and moved to the Reddit likewise in case of Fortnite Battle Royale.
I made alternative for title screen/main menu for Jazz Jackrabbit 3D it might look like in Sonic the Hedgehog/Knuckles the Echidna(Knuckles' Chaotix)/Sonic CD digital multiplatform re-release. However it was very unclear to me of which textures would I use to eventually color those textures from leaked concept arts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamerzonenation31w

Re: Jazz Jackrabbit 3D(having some fun with PC game experiments)

It reminds me of Castle/Cloud City from Jazz Jackrabbit 3D that got leaked. I discovered it in 2007 in Torrenty.org first.

I guess in one of leaked official concept arts Voodoo Magic probably would have similar effects to the Pepper Gun(I guess it's similar to the mustard gas) and Riot Prod(I guess it's also similar to something else I think it was working like electric taser coil no plasma projectiles) from original Deus Ex.
gamerzonenation31w

Speaking of what if in Microsoft Windows 11 on my own PC Noah_12317 I wouldn’t be able to load up classes in Unreal Editor 1.0(final build)I couldn’t load up whole entire list label section of Classes. At least he had some Richter32.ocx and Richter32.dll files. Because file MSCOMCTL32.OCX went missing backwards compatibility wasn’t even working the same with running as administrator.
Someone on Beta Archive Forum,GBATemp Forum suggested me also putting downloaded MSCOMCTL.ocx file in SysWOW64,System32 or even System folder of Jazz400 Calypso,but it didn’t even help out to solve the problem. I didn’t try another method of using VM Machine.
Before:
After:
It looks like another error had occurred.
It looks like it stopped showing up after I closed the process and putted Jazz Jackrabbit 3/Jazz 3 Patch 1.3c game patch to Jazz400 Calypso.
Also Leafius known from Jazz224 should be merged somehow with Carrotus Forrest 3D low poly hub world including Priarie Grand.
At least I don’t have no more anymore messing around with cmd.exe command prompts. It wasn’t really helpful advice.
Dozen’s Unreal Sunset it sounds like Jazz Jackrabbit 3D Carrotus Castle Theme. So cool. At least Alexander Brandon is still composing brand new songs on YouTube.
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

Post by dustinechoes849 »

Especially these days?

Return to “Unreal General Forum”