For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

the alien rat thing

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

the alien rat thing

Post by Leo T_C_K »

remember the gasbag food thing?

well. I did have a look at the historical xcom alliance and emissary to see how they handled alien rats. There is an unused old rat from alliance developement that could easily be reused for unreal:

oldrat

in contrast this is what the recovered playable version used instead (a different looking agressive alien rat).

spacerat

there was also this thing in early emissary

emissaryoldrat
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Re: the alien rat thing

Post by Gamesharder »

Interesting. I neved really thought about the Emissary rat texture when we first discovered the creature document for Unreal, huh.
Good find.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

I'm just thankful that mother nature had a few more polygons available for creating my body.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hyper wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:31 pm I'm just thankful that mother nature had a few more polygons available for creating my body.
lol

yea those were very low poly. We don't have the models seen on screenshot though we would have had if someone from the emissary team accidentaly didn't swap the model resources of the late 1996 version for earlier one. Because this document is from late 1996.

But its interesting that at this time the texture wasn't done yet (though all the screenshots are "flat shaded" display even when skin was present), but animations for the rodent were 100 percent complete. I'm sure those animations must have been thrilling though given that its legs are just made individually of one polygon each.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”