For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

IndexDM

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

IndexDM

Post by Leo T_C_K »

dmindex

I forgot about posting this here before. This is the index DM map that was in early xcom alliance. But...it is possible that this is simply modified Index.unr that was offered back then at the epic's technical page. This is not the "mplayer" lobby that was seen in screenshots (the mapname was mplayer.unr actually not just index.unr), that one featured isv kran textures and panel which upon touching would give you the description of each server in the portals.

This was for quick accessing of servers from favorites menu when you connected to them they would then lead to other actual servers. This was pre-gamespy master server thing/ browser/gamespy lite.

It doesn't require any of the xcom alliance things and I guess given that the shape of the portals seem identical on itself (despite the mplayer lobby room being bigger and with those panels) identical. So I guess this is the lost map after all then. The only thing left then is if anyone kept mplayer.unr in their cache lol.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”