For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

The 200 botpack maps thread

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

The 200 botpack maps thread

Post by Leo T_C_K »

This is the thread where I'm releasing the maps that worked on 200-219 that were included in the 221 beta of ut. Some of them worked flawlessly and without change(not even using botpack), some of them required converted texture packages, I will post also the ctf maps i converted from ctf to dm and to ktc (this will make it 200-219 only though, so use the other ones on later versions.

First, how I achieved it was that I compiled/gutted the 220 botpack on 200. This is not recommended for actual play and it serves mostly to open the maps!

This is here gutted botpack

In no way this represents a state of botpack on 200-219, it was different and unknown how much. The 220 version of the engine is already the UT "lite" engine basically. There are so many differences and the game logic is all diff, only in weapons/items/creatures its somewhat same basically.

Now for the maps...

several work without change without using botpack

fetid and reactor

Grinder200

conveyor200

ASFORT200 - this started as a sp map

The following ones had to have some textures converted:

galleonfor200

indus textures convert for 200

required tex for keep 200

Now, when it had redeemer I replaced it with peacemaker so peacemakeru had to be converted.

Peacemaker for 200

the maps that use it

KeepPeace

airforcepeace

twilightpeace

Now the ctf maps converted to dm

face dm 200
crucible dm

Nomands land both dm and ktc

nomandsland200

the textures had to be converted for that one too

the ktc versions of face and crucible