For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

OldUnreal taking over every unreal game?

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Wrenchie
OldUnreal Member

OldUnreal taking over every unreal game?

Post by Wrenchie »

Is OldUnreal taking over all Unreal titles such as

Unreal 2
UT 2003
UT 2004
UT 3

I forget which other Unreal games there are, maybe console games
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: OldUnreal taking over every unreal game?

Post by Hellkeeper »

You have the whole list, minus console-only titles.
There is a section of the forum dedicated to Unreal 2 already. It seems it's the upper limit to what OldUnreal tackles. Regarding patches, nothing can be made without the help of Epic. They will probably never provide the source code or authorization to work on UE2 titles. But who knows...
You must construct additional pylons.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: OldUnreal taking over every unreal game?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Also, the Legend stuff is kind of separate. Remember that they didn't even have the UPak sources anymore? Atari/Infogrames took everything and good luck trying to track down someone from a bankrupt branch of Infogrames/Atari, since they did go bankrupt themselves (the ones responsible for closing down Legend)...

None of the Legend staff even has that anymore, from who I spoke to, as really the actual backups went with Infogrames, it left the office. Whenever something surfaces its usually from people who have "brushed" past it so to speak or is extremely rare/precious find. I don't think even Epic has it anymore with Tim's backups. Maybe a beta disc of U2 or something but I doubt the whole source.

Btw, the title of this thread kind of sounds like there's a conspiracy of OU taking over everything.

THE NEW OLDUNREAL WORLD ORDER!

That should be a new Unreal title/follow up to Unreal

Like....the UT jetplanes crashing into DM Morpheus Towers 9/11 style...fire all around and a screen full of those illuminati symbols with the words "true sequel to Unreal" and a Confused Travolta standing nearby

Now where's dustin to make that true?

Return to “Unreal General Forum”