For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

The "UT Bonus CD"

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

The "UT Bonus CD"

Post by Leo T_C_K »

There was a strategy guide book/etc apparently on the czech market that had a companion CD with it, that explicitly stated it has additional content for the game downloaded from internet etc and all the disclaimers for those (unlike say many dubious shovelwares).

However while browsing the iso on archive.org I noticed that it has also some maps and mods for Unreal and not for UT, likely included by mistake. One of the things in the "frog" something pack is that it comes packed with a koth mod for unreal, one that implements koth in similar way to the later chaosut koth versions... so a "domination style" gametype where you need to control that specific point.

Now, it also has mods i already converted(not fully functional) like Jihad, but this koth thing...is it avaiable anywhere else? I don't have time to search the internet thoroughly but it might be a lost mod too? Given that its for original Unreal and not UT?
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: The "UT Bonus CD"

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Can you PM me the link?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I can already post the mirrored files link:
https://www.newbiesplayground.net/downl ... fb-cat-271

Keep in mind I haven't had time to play/try this.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

So, this mod is fully functional in 225 unreal actually. It has maps in a maplist that are missing though, are they still around anywhere? It seemed to have been a thing really.
Carbon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Carbon »

Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Carbon wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:33 am I'm guessing this isn't it, but...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxgrqg9uez3i3 ... t.zip?dl=0
That's actually what was exactly on the CD. But I meant with the KOTH mod, there are two koth maps here but there are missing koth maps that were by the original author of that mod (you see reference to it in the readme as the route66 map or so). So it is Gor Gor and Hobeaux's stuff that should be tried to be searched for, if any of that stuff is still somewhere.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”