For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Gold on a steam deck

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
curls
OldUnreal Member

Unreal Gold on a steam deck

Post by curls »

it 'just works'

Played God of War, Oblivion, Deep Rock, and Unreal. Very fantastic. Trackpad + Gyro aim isn't as bad as you'd think either.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Gold on a steam deck

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Are you from NightDive or something? Its just I saw ads of them playing these games with this. But is this running the oldunreal patch? Given that there is a decal or shadow I suppose it is, right?
curls
OldUnreal Member

Post by curls »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:16 pm Are you from NightDive or something? Its just I saw ads of them playing these games with this. But is this running the oldunreal patch? Given that there is a decal or shadow I suppose it is, right?
No idea who that is, but I had a oldunreal patched copy floating around and merely booted it with proton since I have it on steam anyways, used openGL and it works

patchless Unreal works fine too in proton, can even join zora's server and play fine.

best thing is I can set TDB/Clock to minimum and Unreals so old that it doesn't even notice
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Ah...well with nightdive i meant this:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10383

But what has Dr. Proton have to do with all this??

Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

That's pretty cool to hear, The steam deck runs linux of some kind isn't it?
Now try and see if unrealed 1.0 and 2.1 work on the steam deck under proton :D
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Unreal might or might not work under proton, but...

I will never work under Dr. Proton!

Someone call Duke Nukem!

:D
curls
OldUnreal Member

Post by curls »

Turboman. wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:28 pm That's pretty cool to hear, The steam deck runs linux of some kind isn't it?
Now try and see if unrealed 1.0 and 2.1 work on the steam deck under proton :D
its just arch linux, but with an immutable root directory and using flatpacks
Corax
OldUnreal Member

Post by Corax »

curls wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:00 pm
Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:16 pm Are you from NightDive or something? Its just I saw ads of them playing these games with this. But is this running the oldunreal patch? Given that there is a decal or shadow I suppose it is, right?
No idea who that is, but I had a oldunreal patched copy floating around and merely booted it with proton since I have it on steam anyways, used openGL and it works

patchless Unreal works fine too in proton, can even join zora's server and play fine.

best thing is I can set TDB/Clock to minimum and Unreals so old that it doesn't even notice
May I ask how you transferred your patched copy of Unreal to the Steam Deck? I am genuinely curious, since I am a Steam Deck owner myself.
curls
OldUnreal Member

Post by curls »

Corax wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:07 am
curls wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:00 pm

May I ask how you transferred your patched copy of Unreal to the Steam Deck? I am genuinely curious, since I am a Steam Deck owner myself.
I used filezilla since SSH is already enabled but you can use whatever means that would work on any standard computer. It's literally just a PC with a controller on it really. KDE plasma, the desktop enviroment the deck uses, has Warpinator for file transfer between machines as well. A USB flashdrive with a type C adapter should also work regardless of partition format. Anything really.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... team-deck/

I had it archived so I just overwrote steams downloaded copy and ran it as normal through steam.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”