For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Tesselation Image Issues

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Tesselation Image Issues

Post by Fred »

Hello,

Tesselation makes tree trunks and boxes in some of my Unreal games appear too fat, way tooo fat. Also, weapons barrels may look too fat. Note, I'm saying in SOME of the Unreal games. In others, the Tesselation effect looks OK.

I'm running Windows 10 with the HD Extreme textures requiring D3D11 renderer to work. All those settings are working properly. Where applicable, I'm using UT 469b Patch. Maybe that patch has something to do with this look. Beats me.

Any ideas of what is going on to make this fat look happen?

Fred
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Re: Tesselation Image Issues

Post by yrex . »

For each polygon, the tesselation can be disabled with the NoCurvy flag.

I guess some games didn't bother with that, and assumed this effect will never be used anyway?
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

Here is an image to show what I'm referring to about Tesselation making tree trunks, etc. too fat.:

100000.jpg

This image is from RTNP Ultimate Edition running in UT 469b, using D3D11 renderer and with HD Ultimate graphics. Also, notice gun barrel being too fat. I can disable Tesselation in Advanced Settings - Renderer D3D11 to make such images appear normal again.

Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

lol this is certainly not intended, indeed some of those polygons were meant to be ignored by the tesselation, if everything gets tesselated it looks funky just like some work-in-progress betas of unreal

Return to “Unreal General Forum”