For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

The Unreal dreams

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

The Unreal dreams

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I keep having Unreal dreams now and then still now that I can't play the game again as of yet. And well several years ago I kept having this dream of a location like nalic2 except expanded and with lava and some persian-like themes thrown into it and a warlord boss fight at the towers with open sky and stuff.

And now I had a dream of another nalic like location, this time more resembling the original nalic, but like...it could have been with stretch of imagination a console version like dreamcast or something. The funny thing you didn't start at the usual bridge, the map was little larger, there was water around but it looked different, but instead the land was more connected through multiple points not just the main bridge, there was a hint of hub progression so you'd get to this castle from multiple points.

There was even a bit of technology thrown in like in bluff, but this time decayeds themed. Like there was some kind of guard post building from the side that connected the land/rock at the side of where nalic has that building with all the stairs leading up, next to that chapel with the bell.

But yea the guard post was definitely decayeds it used the same kind of textures like the outside of terraniux or the stuff in steele dawn with that mountain stronghold map. It was interesting to see that in the dream, in fact I only saw a flyby version of this map in that dream....
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Re: The Unreal dreams

Post by Gamesharder »

Strange.
One of my friend also had a dream today with Unreal, but it was UT and he dreamed of a DM map. ;D

I've also dreamed of a Nali Castle variant a year ago or so I had told you about, but I write it down here too.
The terrain was like the beta FHub4 but much darker, like the weather was rainy and there was a huge titan in a valley and it threw rocks at me (rude lol) and then there was the NaliC which was in 2 parts, the normal castle part and an underground area you could see from the top of the terrain. There were torch lights, a chandelier and lots of wooden support beams. That's all I can remember tho.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Once I dreamt of a place similar to nali canyon too but much bigger in scale with more detail, though it did have a mill too. It was kind of like some anniversary pack in making and no it wasn't krullor's project. Another dream I had was when I was imprisoned about a sky caves like map but with some completely new textures and tech theme later that was not seen before but kind of reminding of quake stuff. I might have once seen something like that IRL and got a remnant of that memory. It also had some special weapon you would find packed. I wanted to execute the idea and actually planned the inclusion of this map into ASP in the end (yrex would probably remember as I ended up describing this to him), in fact I even drew the layout etc on paper but couldn't really show him apart from the text description at the time.

There was something about getting that weapon to clear an obstacle/wall instead of a bomb like in xidia, but here you'd need that weapon which was like a cross between asmd and flakcannon in appearance. The texturing was professional, the only weapon kind of looking like that might be that special conquer the base weapon with that air blast, except this shot beams that reflected iirc, but as I said the skin was much more professional than the ctb stuff.

Maybe all those dreams are ALTERNATE UNIVERSE UNREAL and ADDONS that never happened in this one.

That nali canyon esque part also had a titan btw, but i might have told this to you too.
But maybe you mixed fhub4 with the upak's spirevalley which is fhub4 too and has titans and stuff.

I also wanted to say that I did start to work on such a map as proto for asp but for the alpha version as a test. It was just a cave area that ended up looking more high poly than I had planned, but it was actually reused for E2L2D when we put it together from all the avaiable parts/content. It is that section before the cut ps2 map section(those sewers), right after the starting section from matthew kagle. There's that interconnecting cave that's flooded, except the original version meant for ASP didn't have it flooded but a pool of water on the ground instead.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Speaking of ctb, we still don't have the latest version that was ever made or some other stuff that florian might have had. Given what happened to me I didn't try to contact him again lately but I believe I gave the contact to some of you guys so you can give it a shot. But I don't know if he took the trip back to europe or not given the covid crisis..so *shriugs*
but he had other addon material too

the only surviving ctb version is the one that cineplex archived.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”