For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Zombie's Coop Server

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
WillRobinson

Zombie's Coop Server

Post by WillRobinson »

Hi All, long time player of Unreal way back to the clan days. A number of us are wondering what happened to the Zombie's Coop server that went down a few months back. I tried emailing Zombie but to no avail, not sure if he's active anymore. I heard he turned his server over to Hellkeeper but HK says he's not hosting it.

Does anyone here know who is/was hosting the server? A few of us would like to see it back up and are willing to help if need be but we don't know who to contact. Any help would be appreciated.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: Zombie's Coop Server

Post by Hyper »

I dropped Zombie a mail a week ago but did not get a reply. Zombie always has been keen on his* privacy and I know nothing more than a nickname and an e-mail address. In the past, I found it easy to get in contact with him as I have been heavy user and beta tester of his software.

*I'm assuming gender here with lack of any knowledge.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

indeed you are not the first trying to find out, but unfortunately I had no luck either and I am having no other information as well.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
niels
OldUnreal Member

Post by niels »

Shame I once and now revisit the game and really liked the sever. With the lethal thingy a and stuff.
It's strange a person disappears most players come back to check the community.
But he or her vanished.
joeydonbaker
OldUnreal Member

Post by joeydonbaker »

Try Tom's Coop ORIGINAL/RTNP. Made it as similar as I could to Zombie's. It has lethal tentacle/cows/nalis. Unfortunately the server side mod they used (aside from JCoopZ and DZMapM) was proprietary and they never released it. You'd think a die hard that's been around this long wouldn't just vanish like that. Maybe the COVID got them. Unfortunately they may have taken it with them to the grave.
joeydonbaker
OldUnreal Member

Post by joeydonbaker »

WillRobinson wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:27 pm Does anyone here know who is/was hosting the server? A few of us would like to see it back up and are willing to help if need be but we don't know who to contact. Any help would be appreciated.
This is all public info:

RecentServer=(ServerPort=7778,ServerName="Zombie's DeadZone <COop>",ServerIP="73.9.7.221")

73.9.7.221 is Comcast Cable in Arlington Heights, IL. Reverse DNS says c-73-9-7-221.hsd1.il.comcast.net

They probably ran the server off their home cable internet.

The IP responds to ping but that doesn't really mean anything. If you portscan it, no ports are open.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

joeydonbaker wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:51 pm
WillRobinson wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:27 pm Does anyone here know who is/was hosting the server? A few of us would like to see it back up and are willing to help if need be but we don't know who to contact. Any help would be appreciated.
This is all public info:

RecentServer=(ServerPort=7778,ServerName="Zombie's DeadZone <COop>",ServerIP="73.9.7.221")

73.9.7.221 is Comcast Cable in Arlington Heights, IL. Reverse DNS says c-73-9-7-221.hsd1.il.comcast.net

They probably ran the server off their home cable internet.

The IP responds to ping but that doesn't really mean anything. If you portscan it, no ports are open.
Some ISPs use DHCP for dynamic IPs. So the fact that the IP responds to a ping now does not have to mean that Zombie's connection is online. Maybe the IP has gone to a different subscriber.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Oblivion[CW]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Oblivion[CW] »

Last I heard the server kept crapping out due to old age and it finally gave up. I don't think he wanted to bother putting it back up due to low player counts.
x21
OldUnreal Member

Post by x21 »

It appears I might have some of the stuff that was used there. Lethal Cow and Nali are there. The everlasting stuff seems to be there too.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”