For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

SpasSG for Unreal 224 and above

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

SpasSG for Unreal 224 and above

Post by Leo T_C_K »

SpasSG

The mod that I have so many fond memories of, converted now. Please enjoy. At least this is not buggy like the fear mod and the conversion only broke that further. But the fear mod is still worth checking out for the ton of custom models and content.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: SpasSG for Unreal 224 and above

Post by Leo T_C_K »

With this conversion I tried to add back some necesary things that changed during unreal versions. However apparently 224 and above have the shellcases emit a light by default which wasn't made in mind with this mod. So you will always see a flash of light now when reloading the shotgun as its just a subclass without that particular code being changed. I have no clue who had the bright idea to make the shellcase emit light post 224 or whenever that change occured. As opposed to the light coming just from the gun. Network stuff/custom map support with flashes and shellcases spawning? Really, so if you see the flash of light with this, please be aware that it wasn't the 200 or 220 behavior originally. One can always be puzzled at the amount of changes between versions of Unreal....

Epic never did this afterwards, I mean UT even supported back compat to a degree. Yet Unreal broke compat three times in a row in major rewrites (and it was even worse during the unreal developement, like some people leaving epic/de like dr.sleep and another less known guy).
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I converted dexft and lsight since they are also weapons of destruction things.
DexFT

I didn't do the old edition file this time due to lack of time, so keep in mind that the flamethrower sound is a bit annoying currently, but its still the best old flamethrower.

The mod was made on 219 or something so it also loaded on 220 although without all the sounds as they were no longer in unreali, in this case the flamethrower was silent while firing on 220 but it wasn't on 200 but it was the pre-220 expl1 sound instead. Which was less annoying than this now.

It has multiple firing modes. like if you keep holding primary fire and then fire alt it will spit out a blob of napalm that can be then lit up separately. Its very interesting mod and you can also blow up discarded canisters etc.

EDIT: Wait a min until the download becomes fully avail if it can't download yet.

EDIT2: THe hhdexft.u comes from the original vigil99 (despite the 99 the original version was released late 1998). So I included it. All Holger Huck changed at that point was that he switched it from slot 6 to slot 8. It is a flakcannon subclass otherwise (which can conflict with some mutators etc).
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I decided to make the OE version as well, because...
well I also noticed that the version I released is not the one I meant to release as it failed to save at the wrong moment, so there wasn't the reload sound at all. Now with the OE version you will hear the sounds there were originally anyways. With dexft 2.5 which was the last (and only recovered version)
DexFTOE

I find the functionality quite similar to what was planned for Unreal either way with the flamethrower so it is a bit of a rarity.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”