For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

For these who have RTNP, USA edition

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
vbdasc
OldUnreal Member

For these who have RTNP, USA edition

Post by vbdasc »

I'm sorry for this possibly stupid question and I don't even know if it's on topic here, but if someone has the original Unreal Mission Pack 1 Return to Na Pali (USA edition) disc from June 1999, could you please check if it gives a choice to install different languages than US English (German, French, Italian) and if the disc contains any *.det, *.frt or *.itt files, which are *.int files translated to these languages. I'm asking this because I found a disc which I suspect might be fake or mislabeled. As a contrast, The USA version of Unreal itself doesn't allow installation of any non-English languages, nor does it contain any *.det, *.frt or *.itt files. Thanks.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: For these who have RTNP, USA edition

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I think nearly all the Unreal re-releases except the very first version had other language files in them. I have the disc somewhere but not the US version I believe, but I don't think what you got is mislabeled.

So its something specific to the first Unreal 200 release that it didn't have any language files.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Yo,

I also have the original mission pack disc, but i'm afraid i haven't got a clue where i've put it :(

When I find it, i'll check out if it comes bundled with other localizations.
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

At least the Unreal Gold ISO on the web archive has those localizations. I haven't found the original RTNP disc, though.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

It does give the option and contains the files needed.
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
vbdasc
OldUnreal Member

Post by vbdasc »

Thanks to everyone!

Return to “Unreal General Forum”