For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

A minute of silence in memory of better days

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

A minute of silence in memory of better days

Post by Hellkeeper »

I would like to thank you for being in attendance for this funeral ceremony in memory of unreal.fr.
It's been empty with a single white U on an orange square for months, but I held hope for a while, though it proved futile. In the last years it was pretty much deserted anyway.

It was managed by Gui, whom you might know as the creator of CTF-Times for UT99, a.k.a. the CTF map that copied face but was so large the sniper rifle couldn't even hit the other side of the level, and many other awesome maps. His legendary fight with D4ms, another great UT mapper who will remain in history for his remake of CTF-Citadel on UT2003, a copy of the original but fully made of toilet paper (I'm not joking), this fight, I way, will stay as a great event that shattered the foundations of this Republic.

At some point last year the site went offline and only this orange square came back. Gui probably decided enough was enough. I must say apart from him posting a few news on some Unreal Engine novelty and me posting my new map each year, it was a dead husk anyway.

In nomine patris, filii et spiritus sancti, amen.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”