For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mouse acceleration/lag fix for Gold 226?

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
OpenRift
OldUnreal Member

Mouse acceleration/lag fix for Gold 226?

Post by OpenRift »

The one real complaint I've always had with vanilla Unreal Gold is that the mouse aiming has always felt really weird and imprecise, almost lagged even compared to UT99 (and any other game from that era for that matter). I've been researching about this for a while now, because it seems like every other post I find always suggests the same things.

Yes, I've already tried MarkC's registry patch, and I've also tried running mparam.exe, neither of which seem to help at all. Yes, I have "enhance pointer precision" disabled in my mouse settings.

Of course the 227 patch fixes this, but it just seems kind of ridiculous that I'd need the whole patch just so I can get decent mouse movement.

Am I missing anything here?
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Mouse acceleration/lag fix for Gold 226?

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

I am pretty sure the issue you're describing as I recall, it's been years since I thought about it -- is in the unrealscript side in Playerpawn, i.e. in theory a mod could fix it but it wouldn't work for all gametypes. If you only play singleplayer this (usually) isn't a problem.
OpenRift
OldUnreal Member

Post by OpenRift »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:04 am I am pretty sure the issue you're describing as I recall, it's been years since I thought about it -- is in the unrealscript side in Playerpawn, i.e. in theory a mod could fix it but it wouldn't work for all gametypes. If you only play singleplayer this (usually) isn't a problem.
Well the problem appears to be fixed in 227, so is 227 modifying the playerpawn then?
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

yes, it modifies the base playerpawn code which most mods will inherit
OpenRift
OldUnreal Member

Post by OpenRift »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:28 am yes, it modifies the base playerpawn code which most mods will inherit
Which file is that contained in? I'm curious to see if I could do some file mixing and matching with 226 (keeping backups of course).
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Engine.u, class is playerpawn.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”