For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

New Unreal Tournament Beta Version From Early 1999 (Build 221)

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: New Unreal Tournament Beta Version From Early 1999 (Build 221)

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I just fixed (for myself) the issue with 220 botpack capture sounds, set their rate and set them to mono, there were two additional capture sounds that crashed galaxy on 220. I will upload the fix later just saying what is the solution, setting them mono and their rate like the first capture sound. I believe this problem doesn't exist on later patches but yea...

(this still won't fix the ladder problems though)

I believe 220 botpack is best for domination (imo better than the 221 version) but that's just me.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Lol you know what is funny? the capturesounds still exist in 221 but are unused, sound 2 and 3. But suddenly in 222 they are completely replaced instead of being fixed...because nobody looked into it. AND to make things worse, on 225 those old sounds even in the stereo format...don't crash the game and play just right...

*facepalms*

so those cool sounds got removed because someone didn't have time to look into the problem, first went unused and then replaced by completely new ones instead of fixing them. classy really
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Also, ctf-coret used to be dm coret. Look at the level title again. They seemed to have simply mirrored it for the ctf version.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Well it turns out I forgot to do the firetexture stuff with the extraction so here it is (needed for the ut razorjack etc).

221FX

if someone wants a model of the disc/ufo separated here it is:
razorufo

it can be used even for ufo pawn or something though you have to unset the polyflags to not be invisible (the main part, it was used to hide the outer disc before extension) yourself,

btw this is the final boss (xan) model but with the 222 anims. The reason why this had to be done is because the 222 boss has messed up weapon triangle and this should fix the issue

bossoldanims

here is the sound fix for botpack 220 (under 220) that I talked about before

botpack220soundfix

Also here release thread for DM Coret

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10466
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gamesharder »

Awesome!
Thanks for your fixes and for the DM-Coret. It sure looks like a DM map after all.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

And I'm doing more in the meantime but has to wait for next round. I made an alt botpack 220 version (both compilation for 220 and 225 separately). The addition is the 221 pulsegun into it. There was a lost version of 220 botpack with the pulsegun so this is the closest we can get basically without resorting to outright faking content.

Now what surprised me is that somehow(??) it enabled the possibility of fully playing the ctf ladder on 225. It fucking works and the maps advance as long as you use the 221 ones. Niven is the first map against Canucks, Doria is second against Dudes, Dreary is third map against Commies (just playing)....

THOSE FRIGGIN COMIES LOL

IM FUCKING ADVANCING THROUGH 220 BOTPACK LADDER I CANT BELIEVE IT

EDIT: That's it lol, the 220 ladder really just has three maps...it tells you this
that you achieved novice GRANDMASTER and your score and then it tells you
"You have completed all the ladders for"
and that's it...it does let you "play" higher skill level but not really, i suppose you have to erase stuff from config file in order to start again.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Well, of course the ladder code has more maps listed etc, but it gets stuck at grandmaster i suppose because they made the other ladders inacessible by that...however when you open a map using last man standing right after achieving grandmaster rank..it will (once completed) tell you that you are the tournament champion lol. I suppose even at one point the final challenge was going to be a last man standing match. In fact I believe PC Gamer claimed so at one point. Still I like the old LMS because it doesn't remove the weapons and doesn't give you all weapons.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Several things here, first for the actual 221 version:

Fix for the UT crypt package

utcrypt

this fixes the defaulttexture problem at gauntlet

also, a port of the ctf coret from 222 beta
nucoret

alt versions, one specificaly for 220 as well, though it might require the 220 botpack hybrid:

nucoretraw
coret220

Speaking of the botpack hybrid, here it is finally:

220hybrid

this includes the previous sound fix, it has the 221 pulsegun as extra.

I also compiled the same on 225 as i indicated before which allowed for some sp ladder part schenanigans also

hybrid225

also for people who just want the 221 pulsegun and nothing else, here it is in separate files, one for 220:
myl220

just summon myl.pulsegun

and here for 225 and similar:

myr
myr.pulsegun
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I made some more fixes, like fix for ctf face's torchflame issues(using the oldflame.u file i already released). It seems Epic kept switching at one point back and forth between the torchflame meshes, like it reverted back to the original one a little later again...I will never understand exactly why, but that ctf-face is made on pre-220 stuff. So as a test I compiled (with a lot of commented out code when it comes to the gametypes) the 220 botpack on version 200 lol. Yea especially if you see the amoiunt of errors this throws you will realize that unreal 200 and 220 are nothing alike and 220 is basically already the UT upgrade/shareware stuff. 220 was such a big turning point and so many of its features are also integral part of unreal psx.

But..this allows me to load those maps on 200 and make botpack-free versions. Like I already made a deathmatch only version of face and from naliairforce I removed redeemer and added peacemaker instead...I will release this stuff in the near future. An extra set of maps that work on vanilla Unreal 200 range. I will also make kill the cow version of ctf face. I will release all this here or in a separate thread. Here at least the plain fixes and the other stuff maybe I should do separate. It is exciting for me honestly. The old stuff has also unique gameplay. But given how much codewise had changed in 220, it would be really interesting to get 219 botpack or earlier. Because it absolutely did exist, for all we know the weapons looked all different still. We know that the first versions had the old beta translocator instead, too. The "pipebomb" like one.

It is possible the first "udamage" was really mark of chizra and it looked different. Like maybe even the artifact mesh was used. Also interesting is to note the sounds of the old UDamage. If you played Unreal 2 you know that sound already and it is an "artifact" sound. This is important as I believe the two are related.
ZeaLitY
OldUnreal Member

Post by ZeaLitY »

Just FYI, I exported the tracker files from all the included UMXes and there were four uniques as compared to all other UT builds -- Skyward Fire, Run, Nether Animal, and Three Wheels Turning. The first three are totally identical to their final versions, but just have a bit less header information, causing the match fail. Three Wheels Turning has about 10-15 seconds less music because some patterns towards the end are skipped. So no real changes, to be honest.
http://www.chronocompendium.com
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gamesharder »

Didn't notice that, interesting.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

ctf face fix
This is for 220 and 221, the torches changed back to the original mesh.

And this:
face222f
is a fix for the 222 beta only of its version of ctf face by assigning it back the normal torchflame mesh.

and here is the ctf face from 222 for 221 basically (if you don't have the 222 version especially), the original was saved on 220 it seems even, so in the 221 beta they were a bit behind with some map updates...
face222for221
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

The massive thread i promised

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10488
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gamesharder »

Awesome, thanks! ;D
This was needed.