For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Weapon Ranking and Rating

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Weapon Ranking and Rating

Post by wfank30 »

I have done the same for Unreal, now I will do for Unreal Tournament. Note this is entirely based on my opinion, and am sure everyone had different experiences, so here it goes:

Honorable Mention.
A. Redeemer: Ratings 100/10. The most destructive thing in the entire game, rnot only with primary fire you can destroy anything (even summoned unreal monsters like stone titan, warlords) with just one shot, but with the secondary shot you can guide your shot path.If this existed in the rea world..... Not a fair comparison for any other weapons.....
B. Chainsaw: only because I RARELY ever used it, and I haven't played UT since 2012 so can't recall that well, refraining from rating it.
C. Translocator: Not a weapon.

Now the weapons ranking and ratings:

1. Minigun: Ratings 10/10, Like they say, don't judge a book by its cover. The Unreal minigun had the cooler design, but its bullets were weak and it just wasted ammos. The UT minigun rectifies it all. powerful shots shred your opponents with ease, also max amo 200, both the primary and secondary fire are effective, it is also the most accurate weapon in the game rarely missing the targets and effective both at long and close ranges. The best weapon imo.

2. Flak cannon: Ratings 9/10, Like Unreal Flak is the 2nd most useful weapon in UT, with a lot cooler design too, its ever-reliable, it does have weakness that the secondary fire has such a low projectile and not that good for long distance. Still awesome and lethal. Xan's fav weapon.

3. Ripper: Ratings 8.75/10, Not only it has a better design than the Unreal razor jack, it is powerful and you can actually control it, the primary fire is awesome for decapitating your foes, and the explosive secondary razor fire just makes me utter the words in my old teenage voice: COOL!

4. Pulse Gun: 8.25/10, effective and powerful, primary discrete fire is great but its the secondary continuous fire that makes this weapon so awesome, your opponents have low chance of evading it.

5. Sniper Rifle: 8/10, Great weapon, best weapon for long distant fights, i didnt find it as useful as unreal, as most of your opponents here are fast moving ais, unlike Unreal's monsters, and they can dodge the shots easier, still ultra effective, its my most fav weapon in Unreal, but I dont have the smae attachment to it on UT.

6. Rocket Launcher: 7.5/10, I always prefer the classic eight ball from unreal to this, even tho this is far more effective and doesnt make stupid noise alerting your foes (which is insignificant as the ais here are smarter and faster anyway), its effective sure, best weapon to destroy the enemy targets in Assult, still I miss the old eightball, that had an antique feel, call it nostalgia....

7. Enforcer: 7./10, its an improvement over the automag, faster and you can wield two, but i find i save its bullets for the minigun which is more fun to shread your opponents with. Btw its the default weapon, the one that you will have whenever you respawn.

8. Impact Hammer: 6/10, those who handle it better will rate it much higher, i was no good at it, i miss the dispersion pistol, this was imo the WORST replacement from Unreal, its slow to energize, only works at close range, the only good thing is you dont need ammos for it.

9. Shock Rifle: 5.5/10, another terrible replacement, the Unreal ASDM (which i had rated 8.5/10 in my Unreal Review, 4th best weapon) design was way cooler and unique, not to mention the blood over it.... they modernized it too much and made its design too similar to the Rifle, also not strong enough and its secondary fire is jmuch slower than ASDM's and is more likely to kill you than your foes.

10. Bio Rifle: 4/10, I always found Unreal's GES useful for setting traps for pupaes, kralls and even skaarj, and it was good against slow Brutes and had a nice design. But the Bio Rifle in UT is useless, the smarter, faster ais wont ever fall in for the trap, low projectile range, weak shots and the worst design a weapon could ever have. The worst weapon imo.

So yeah thats my take on UT's weapons, based entirely IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. Am sure others can feel differently. I have recently restarted playing Unreal after a 7 year gap, might do the same for Unreal Tournament. Everything I wrote is based on my memories, so pls forgive any inaccuracy. Cheers!.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”