For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal monsters see UT player through movers (doors, etc.)

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Psychomorph
OldUnreal Member

Unreal monsters see UT player through movers (doors, etc.)

Post by Psychomorph »

Playing Unreal co-op maps as an Unreal player in UT, the monsters do not see the player through doors, but as an UT player, it seems they do and attack.

I play Unreal co-op through the UT mod Infiltration 2.9 and we have the issue that monsters always see us through doors and lifts (movers in general).

Is it an UT player class thing? Is there a solution?
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal monsters see UT player through movers (doors, etc.)

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

This is probably caused by UT adding FastTrace which ignores movers as I recall. Some of base pawn code probably got modified to use FastTrace instead of normal trace. If so, there's nothing you can do about this without a mod at current release. Perhaps XC-Engine could help you.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”