For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

CTF-UTDMW-GodsOfEgypt

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

CTF-UTDMW-GodsOfEgypt

Post by EvilGrins »

Always wanted to track down certain fandom weapons to put on appropriately themed maps...

...this map is clearly Stargate themed, and I've replaced most every weapon with the Goa'uld staff weapon. Originally intended for a mod project that fell through unfortunately, those that worked on that were French, so messages relating to that weapon are also in French/Francais.

I say almost every weapon as I left the redeemers alone. Which leads to an answer to a question I get frequently asked these days... yes, this map is large enough for RX/SLV. I couldn't handle those on here but I'm not that great of a pilot; this map would require an exceptional pilot to be able to handle that on here.

Both bases have 3 Stargates, main 1 by the flag. The map is subject to frequent quakes due to an alien ship that flies overhead periodically.

Bases also have 2 Warlords/Jaffa each. Combat can get fairly intense on here if you're playing it to even half of maximum capacity.

Pathing on this map initially sucked rocks, so Nelsona fixed that.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
[url]http://www.mediafire.com/file/r59p273tsdshsc3/CTF-UTDMW-GodsOfEgypt.zip[/url]
New Gaming strategy: Hug everything!
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: CTF-UTDMW-GodsOfEgypt

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

stargate liked to use the P90 too, I think there's a counterstrike weapon pack out there that would work on UT so you could have a little more variety there
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

There's quite a few Stargate styled maps out there, and not just Egyptian themed. I've seen a few Mayan based ones, too.

Around 2004-ish there was an SG-1 based game being worked on, so some of its maps may be floating around. Or DM/CTF versions of the SP maps.

During the first (and second) year of the 'Make Something Unreal' contest there was a lot of Egyptian themed maps submitted. A couple of them were very well done. They were made with UT2003 and UT2004, but a few of them may have been ported to U1 and UT99. At least one came from UT99 community and were ported up.

I was a judge for Phase 1 of the first 'Make Something Unreal'. It was my good fortune to play some of those works before the public did.

A couple of them I fondly recall over a decade later. The mod 'Matrix Moves' is one.
Last edited by Buster on Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

stargate liked to use the P90 too
I've got the counterstrike weaponpack and you're right about the p90. May include that on my edit of this, which currently only has staff weapon and an M-16 sniper rifle...
There's quite a few Stargate styled maps out there, and not just Egyptian themed. I've seen a few Mayan based ones, too.
I have several, including a map series for an SP campaign built around the Stargate series which I may've actually gotten from this forum.
They'd need to be converted, as they're not stand alone. One map flows into the other...
Last edited by EvilGrins on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Gaming strategy: Hug everything!

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”