For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Who did you play you're very first Unreal Tournament game or practice session as?

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

redgrape501
OldUnreal Member

Who did you play you're very first Unreal Tournament game or practice session as?

Post by redgrape501 »

I first got the game and played it when I was just an elementary schoolboy in the seconed grade, and I played as Malcom on red team, red's my favorit color, basically, while everyone else was learning seconed grade math, reading and writeing, I was already racking up frags at a very yong age, (basically a Unreal Tournament prodigy) but I played on the lowest difficulty level (and I still do to this day) and my parents were all cool with it on religious grounds.

Who did you play you're first Unreal Tournament game (or practice session) as
Last edited by redgrape501 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Who did you play you're very first Unreal Tournament game or practice session as?

Post by Hellkeeper »

My first time was on the PS2 version of the game back in 2000 or 2001, I remember the friend who had invited me to play would always use the skaarj model Throt because to our 10/11 years old selves, it sounded like "froc" (french slang for "pants").

I think - but I can't swear - I used Luthor. A human military-like skin.

Afterwads I always used Von (one of the Metal Guard). I don't remember the PS2 game exactly, but it might have been one of the characters one had to unlock before being able to use. This might explain why I didn't use it the first time.

You must construct additional pylons.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Re: Who did you play you're very first Unreal Tournament game or practice session as?

Post by yrex . »

Very first UT session? Can't remember. As far as I can go back in my memory, the game already was there. I usually played as Boss, with blue team.

"Played"... actually with bot amount set to zero, so there's no "violence" and noone is "getting in my way". All I wanted was to just explore the maps and perhaps go into places where I'm not supposed to go. I especially liked the AS maps because of their "single player" nature. This was before I knew what Unreal even was.

The first times when I was playing with actual opponents was probably Team Deathmatch against 16 red Bosses. I picked up the redeemer, flew to the top of Deck16, entered 'allammo', and kept shooting at everything that moved.

I rarely played the game the "correct" way.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

I think it was one of the Dark Phalanx, Blake IICR. I remember doing the ladder first with him. Then having Ivana as my first teammate.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

Post by dustinechoes849 »

The robots that were quite obviously reskinned humans. They still had the 3d human noses :D
Hook
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hook »

First time I played UT I didn't know you could change.
I just played as whatever the game gave me to PLAY as.
= Hook =
Server: {CMM} CROSSBONES Missile Madness (Pro-Redeemer)
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
Forum: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

So... Malcolm?
IIRC he's the default player skin.
You must construct additional pylons.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”