For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

FAKE "NEWBIESPLAYGROUND" - UT99 servers online!

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: FAKE "NEWBIESPLAYGROUND" - UT99 servers online!

Post by BobIsUnreal »

Unless i am missing something , both Ut99 and unreal have multiple privately operated alternate master servers.
There is a reason for that, and it been brought up in the past. no single person has control, if 333 networks dosnt want to broadcast this server the other 6 masterservers still will.
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

...if 333 networks dosnt want to broadcast this server the other 6 masterservers still will.
yes? sure about that?

it is alarming to even think about using means like that - and once again i want to confirm, that nobody here wants those servers to be excluded from any parts of the community -, but the stubborness of rubie and bbg meanwhile reached the "TiagoPinto-level".
Last edited by strategy-(DOG)- on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Rubie
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rubie »

To close this topic you can read on Newbies forum why i did what I did and it was only for temporaly use , I did got what I wanted. :)

[url]http://www.newbiesplayground.net/dogforum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3569&start=15[/url]

Happy Birthday Rubie hehe
Last edited by Rubie on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no signature :)
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

2 server's servernames of the mentioned ut-servers have been changed to "...BBG's..." and 3 servers to "RUBIESPLAYGROUND..." which is what we wanted.
yet there is still 1 server left (located in the usa) containing "NEWBIESPLAYGROUND" in the servername.

as you stated this was (just) good fun for you (a 6 year old could not be any happier) - change the servername of that remaining server!

oh, before i forget to mention: you and your friends better stop sending offensive facebook-messages from fake accounts to players who request membership to join newbiesplayground!
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

OMG....just stop. Facebook drama is like rabies. It infects easily and it kills anything it touches. Keep it over there where it belongs.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Rubie
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rubie »

I have nothing to do with fb
For the us server, not found time yet, my bd today hehe....

I hope you shut up now as if not, you do show not willing to make things easier.
As said this is closed for me !
I have no signature :)
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

...I hope you shut up now...
nobody tells me to shut up. least you!
Last edited by strategy-(DOG)- on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Given that Rubie's made MAJOR drawbacks in Rise of Jrath's developement and is continuing to be rude and disrespectul....

I wonder whether a masterserver-wide ban would be such a bad idea given he's ALREADY sinking into level of TiagoPinto - the only person up to date having such restrictions placed in on him.
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

well, i understand that this behavior made several members of the community angry. in the end sanity took over and legitimate claim could be put through.
being the primary target of rubie & co. and as i am neither sensitive nor unforgiving, i'd suggest to end the discussion about banning rubie's servers.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

I think this topic should be locked for good.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”