For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mutator that fixes weapons being too big with high FOVs in UT

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Xaleros
OldUnreal Member

Mutator that fixes weapons being too big with high FOVs in UT

Post by Xaleros »

Heyo. I'm putting together a set of servers for UT and one of the things I remembered is that some weapons are unreasonably huge on higher FOVs (the redeemer especially). 227 fixes this with a modified CalcDrawOffset in Engine.Inventory.

However, that function is final, so it can't be overriden by conventional means. The event that does call it however, RenderOverlays in Engine.Weapon, is not final. Therefore the call to CalcDrawOffset can be replaced with something else. That's essentially what this mutator does for each UT weapon. I didn't add any of this for any of the unreal 1 weapons since there are a few packages that reimplement them for UT. As mentioned before, 227 fixes this so I essentially took the CalcDrawOffset code from that and stuck it into a new function for each weapon, so I didn't really do anything special but it was bugging me for awhile. Credit goes to whoever on the 227 team made the weapons scale properly on FOVs larger than 90

For anyone doing stuff with UT in the future, feel free to use this idea if you want. It's kind of crude since the only way this can truly be fixed is with a new UT patch but that likely won't happen in the near future. The mutator is named SmallWeapons.SmallWeaponsMut

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/400 ... eapons.zip

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”