For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

CTF-UTDMW-XtremeCrater

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

CTF-UTDMW-XtremeCrater

Post by EvilGrins »

Overall I've got about 350+ UTDM edited maps, some for 1 particular monster and others for some combination of the thus far available ones. As I didn't get all the types at the same time, there's been some juggling for when I found a new type I would skim over past edits to see if maybe the newer type was more appropriate for the circumstances of a particular one.

They work for pretty much any standard gametype, though never tried for an Assault map. Honestly not sure how that would work.

This one was pretty ideal with the initial selection.
What we have here is a medium sized CTF map with a lot of open space. Flag bases are on opposite sides of the crater that predominantly fills the area, to get to the opposite side you have to run around the long way. Map has fundamentally 2 levels, the ground level which is wider than a narrower similar pathing a level higher. Most tests of the initial map shows matches don't last that long, so I added UTDMW as they can fly right across the middle no problem and can stretch things out a bit.
The crater has a creature factory about halfway down which generates Giant Gasbags, as an added feature given standard monsters will attack anyone on any team... including the Team Warlords.
Even with the UTDMW, games on this map tend to run pretty quick. With a standard number of players of varying skill levels, can last as short as 10 minutes or as long as 15.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.unr - /maps
.png - Pwetty

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rtasx1up ... Crater.zip

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”