For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Can't find your custom mods on UnrealTournament for Linux? I have a solution.

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

MSoles

Can't find your custom mods on UnrealTournament for Linux? I have a solution.

Post by MSoles »

So, when I heard that Unreal Tournament has been revamped for modern Linux distros, I never been more happier.

I've followed the instructions as followed for installing this (Copying everything from the Windows version and then moving the necessary files to make it run natively) and then double clicked on the file to run the game, bur then the strangest thing have happened, when I was checking up on the mod menu, it's been clean like when you run the game for the first time, what's worse is that there's no custom models and voice packs at all.

But then, I come up with a conclusion, when I was typing preferences in the game's console it came up with this message..
The advanced preferences window is not available on
your platform.

If you want to modify advanced game settings, then
please close the game and edit the following ini files:

/home/UserNameHere/.utpg/System/UnrealTournament.ini
/home/UserNameHere/.utpg/System/User.ini
And it made me think "What if I placed the .u and .int files that the custom mods use in that directory?"
So I did exactly that, copied all of .u and .int files for the custom mods to that directory, run the game again and lo & behold, it works.

I hope this would help out those who want to try getting their custom mods working in their Unreal Tournament. And if it did work for you, you're welcome.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”