For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Various types of "Totally Unreal"

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

vbdasc
OldUnreal Member

Various types of "Totally Unreal"

Post by vbdasc »

Hi. As far as I know, there are several versions of the compilation "Totally Unreal", and it seems that the two most common ones are:

1. https://hafskjold.net/database/spill/pc/totally-unreal/ . A 4 CD compilation, containing: a) Unreal, b) Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali, c) two disks of Unreal Tournament

2. https://www.ebay.com/p/9800?iid=275161277268 . A 4 CD compilation, containing: a) Unreal Gold, b) two disks of Unreal Tournament, c) Unreal II/Unreal Championship First Look CD

Now, the question is: Is the Unreal Tournament in these compilations the GOTY or non-GOTY version? I'm pretty sure that the second compilation contains UT GOTY (as it's written on the disc itself), but how about the first compilation? Does anybody know? Thanks.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Various types of "Totally Unreal"

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I have no clue, I tried to look it up but with little info to back it up. I would assume it was already goty but if this was before unrealgold, then maybe not and its just plain ut....
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

I have a copy of Totally Unreal stashed away in the attic at my parents place. Maybe I can dig it up some day, along with an old laptop that still has a cd drive :D
I definitely have the second version, so I cannot help you with any questions regarding the first one, but I vaguely recall that UT goty was a weird compilation. The first CD contained the game install which installed version 420 with most of the bonus packs. It was definitely GOTY as the menu had it written in the background. But strangely other bonus content and future patches had to be installed separately from the second CD.

I used to borrow UT GOTY from a kid in high school before I owned a copy of Totally Unreal, and that version had two cds/installers: one that installed the game to GOTY version 436 with all bonus packs and chaosut/rocket arena, and another cd for the s3tc textures only. I always found it weird that multiple significantly different versions of UT GOTY existed.

It was even worse when another kid in school also bought Totally Unreal so we could play RTNP in coop, it turned out his version had RTNP as a standalone game, whereas mine was Unreal Gold, we couldn't get it to work online with eachother lol.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Turboman. wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:02 pm I have a copy of Totally Unreal stashed away in the attic at my parents place. Maybe I can dig it up some day, along with an old laptop that still has a cd drive :D
I definitely have the second version, so I cannot help you with any questions regarding the first one, but I vaguely recall that UT goty was a weird compilation. The first CD contained the game install which installed version 420 with most of the bonus packs. It was definitely GOTY as the menu had it written in the background. But strangely other bonus content and future patches had to be installed separately from the second CD.

I used to borrow UT GOTY from a kid in high school before I owned a copy of Totally Unreal, and that version had two cds/installers: one that installed the game to GOTY version 436 with all bonus packs and chaosut/rocket arena, and another cd for the s3tc textures only. I always found it weird that multiple significantly different versions of UT GOTY existed.

It was even worse when another kid in school also bought Totally Unreal so we could play RTNP in coop, it turned out his version had RTNP as a standalone game, whereas mine was Unreal Gold, we couldn't get it to work online with eachother lol.
Actually...UT Goty never had rocketarena and chaosut on the first CD, but on the second one together with the s3tc textures. And Totally Unreal had a "third"cd, the one with the previews for unreal 2 and unreal championship, and that cd also had the latest patch and bonuspack 4... I think you're confusing it with that.

there's also a late unreal re-release that contains one preview unreal 2 music track btw...

Btw my UT Goty didn't have the game of the year edition thing in the background but i came across the one showing that in the menu, i had a later release that was already patched to 436 and somehow it lost that. But the totally unreal version had the patch separately on the promo cd.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

UT GOTY is in both Totally Unreal versions.

Overall UT GOTY ships as two variants. Either 432 or 436. My european discs were 436. And both include the first three bonus packs. Rocket Arena and Chaos UT are both included, but on the second disc, alongside the S3TC textures. There ya go.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”