For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

OldUnreal-UTPatch469c fails to launch on Manjaro Linux due to "libGL error: failed to load driver: i915"

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

raven566

OldUnreal-UTPatch469c fails to launch on Manjaro Linux due to "libGL error: failed to load driver: i915"

Post by raven566 »

Hello all,

I am running OldUnreal 469c on Manjaro Linux on an older computer with integrated Intel graphics. When I launch the game (64b version using ./ut-bin-amd64) I get this error. I did raise an issue for this but I wanted to post here to see if there's a workaround or something I can try to get this game working.

It seems to be that my integrated graphics driver isn't compatible with this game. I've tried "mesa-amber" as well but with no luck here, and installing that breaks other games (such as NBlood). Another program Doom64 EX (https://github.com/svkaiser/Doom64EX) also throws this error but still starts as it's able to work around this by "Setting up Native UI" as per the log file. Is there something I can do to change the graphics type used? If there is a workaround, this would be an enhancement to the game to fall back on a working graphics driver if this one fails.

Code: Select all

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open i915: /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: i915
Failed to enter Entry: Can't find Function in file Function Engine.Decoration.PostBeginPlay.

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- main

Exiting due to error

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”