For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Saves Failing to Load

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Fred
OldUnreal Member

Re: Saves Failing to Load

Post by Fred »

Leo, Now that the files and information about my issue have been posted and downloaded 4 times, I'm wondering what happens now? Any comments regarding this?

Thanks much,

Fred
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I informed them, but nobody seemed to have taken notice it seems. I mean I messaged anth and I also messaged Delacroix telling him if he could perhaps tell more people. So I have no clue what's going on and I was busy IRL in the meantime.

I also posted it in the developement forum. I think most of them downloaded the file when it wasn't yet ready and when it contained the wrong file. Its not up to me now, try to send message to anth yourself or someone.
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

Thanks, Leo, for your insightful comments. I don't have the same depth of knowledge about the people you seem to know and to have some contact with. I'll just let this thread sit for awhile to see whether something comes up. Maybe, maybe not.

For now, it doesn't look good. I understand that it's time consuming and problematic for someone to address an issue like the one I have mentioned here. People have their lives to live and their jobs to take care of.

Fred
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

You can use the pm function to adress those people directly, but I would have looked at the issue myself if I could however it would require for me to have a different arrangement here and for that I'd probably need to pay up with the owner.

Speaking of pms I saw you didn't read yours (from me) yet.
medor
OldUnreal Member

Post by medor »

Fred wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:40 pm Leo, Now that the files and information about my issue have been posted and downloaded 4 times, I'm wondering what happens now? Any comments regarding this?

Thanks much,

Fred

http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=&search=141&search_mode=f
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

anth replied on the 469 dev forum:
"
I check this forum maybe once a month on average, but I don't have time to follow up on bug reports filed here. I ask everyone to file bug reports on GitHub instead. This message is also in the 469b release post, along with a link to our GitHub bug tracker.
"
I replied with
"But I don't use github and neither does Fred. He's an old guy so it would be best if you tried to post on his thread and took a look at it."
anth
Administrator

Post by anth »

This bug is probably caused by an oversight in our dynamic font scaling feature. It should be fairly easy to fix.

We'll copy the report over to our GitHub bug tracker. We officially moved bug reporting/tracking over to GitHub when we released 469a because (a) it is much easier to keep things organized on a real bug tracker, (b) the number of reports we get per month still exceeds the number of bugs we can fix, and (c) we often just forget about bugs reported on the forum.

If anyone wants to keep an eye on the forum and either guide people to GItHub or copy their reports over, then be my guest.
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

anth,

Thanks, anth, for your interest in this topic. I'll check in from time-to-time to follow any progress that may take place. I suppose any fix will likely be included in the next 469 patch release? Maybe the 469c patch?

I don't do programming. I've taken some programming courses years ago in classroom setting, but I've never done it otherwise.

Fred

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”