For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Weapons Available In Custom Map Orticon Can't Be Used

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Fred
OldUnreal Member

Weapons Available In Custom Map Orticon Can't Be Used

Post by Fred »

Hello,

In the custom map Orticon, that I have installed in UT99, and near where I spawn at the beginning, there are several crates containing weapons. When I acquire the weapons, they are not in my inventory, at least I can't find them for use. Where are the weapons? Any one have any idea why this is?

Fred
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Re: Weapons Available In Custom Map Orticon Can't Be Used

Post by EvilGrins »

Ca n you link to a download so I can check this out?
medor
OldUnreal Member

Post by medor »

ctf-ortican may be
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

Orticon is a coop single player map, and can be found on the following site, about the 25th down from the top:

https://www.oldunreal.com/downloads/unr ... coop-maps/

In my game, there are 3 weapons available in the crates, but only the first one acquired is available in my inventory for use. The other two are not available for use in my inventory, though picked up. They must be in there, though.

Fred
ividyon
OldUnreal Member

Post by ividyon »

Is your Oldskool mod configured to replace any Unreal weapons/items with UT variants? That may throw a spanner in the works. Ortican is an original Unreal map and is intended to be played with the original Unreal weapons. Perhaps that might be the key.
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

ividyon,

I'll check whether my Orticon Oldskool is configured to replace any Unreal weapons/items with UT variants. Oh, how do I check that? I never pay attention to those type settings, not because I don't care, but because I don't know any better.

Fred
ividyon
OldUnreal Member

Post by ividyon »

Fred wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:25 pm ividyon,

I'll check whether my Orticon Oldskool is configured to replace any Unreal weapons/items with UT variants. Oh, how do I check that? I never pay attention to those type settings, not because I don't care, but because I don't know any better.

Fred
FYI, it's "Ortican", not "Orticon", this may help avoid confusion.

"OldSkool Amp'd" is the UT99 mod that lets you play Unreal single-player campaigns in UT99. The configuration for it can be found in your UT99 main menu under "Options -> OldSkool Configuration".

Under the "Single Player" tab, you can check what weapons are being converted. The checkboxes for all weapons should be off.

Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

ividyon,

Yea, you nailed it. I didn't know about those settings, though I've looked at them before. I had no idea what they did. Now I know. Thanks much.

Fred

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”