For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Infiltration 2.9 CE - Major fixes required........

Anything related to the Infiltration mod for UT

Moderator: Buggie

スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Infiltration 2.9 CE - Major fixes required........

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

I've noticed, alot of still unfixed bugs and code quirks and I'm not sure if Sentry Studios is even existent anymore, the last news update was sometime around 2006, and I can't seem to find decent fixes on the web, or download links that aren't full of advertisement\registration BS...

One of the bugs I'm complaining about is the 1 category weapons, everytime I switch to that category my log is spammed with a scriptwarning complaining about a missing animation called "None" in the infiltration playerpawn model... This never happened before so I have no idea what the hell happened.. I didn't modify any of my files either..

And now even more annoying is the bot code, sometimes they go on the offensive and other times they walk around as if there's nothing to do.. Also I'm clearly able to outsmart any bot with guerrilla tactics and they are no match for me because they cannot provide\make use of proper cover, and they cannot make use of thrown grenades despite having them in their loadouts.. I'd like to see this re-designed too...

And also, the weapon collision system and lean system get stuck for no reason and are hard to work with, I can hardly aim a sniper rifle out a window because it "collides" with a paper thin surface and I have to walk back 5 feet just to bring the thing to the scope... And some sniper scopes seem to have hard to work with crosshairs.

I'm proposing a uniform all round fix so that infiltration runs better for both offline and online play, I'd also like it if some modelers get together and craft some more weapon models as I find, even as much as the bonus packs people made have added, the choice of weapons a bit lacking..

I don't expect much from this post but I'm getting extremely pissed off here...
“I am the dragon without a name.”
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
Jâçkrâßßit

Re: Infiltration 2.9 CE - Major fixes required........

Post by Jâçkrâßßit »

I wonder if Infiltration mod for UT has better bot code....
スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

I wonder if Infiltration mod for UT has better bot code....
It does only if you play on skill level "Skilled \ Lieutenant" or higher, otherwise they'll act dumb..

They just don't know how to take cover properly or use thrown grenades...

EDIT: Glad to see noone really cares at all.
Last edited by スマイル・ドラゴン on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I am the dragon without a name.”
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I think Oldunreal is wrong place to post it actually. Beyondunreal infiltration forums may be better place.
Darkman 4
OldUnreal Member

Post by Darkman 4 »

I think Oldunreal is wrong place to post it actually. Beyondunreal infiltration forums may be better place.
But its fun to complain here.
oZ
OldUnreal Member

Post by oZ »

yea, please fix 2.75 inf for UT so it AUTOmatically reloads the guns without having the MOD installed

hehe : )

how about it?
Last edited by oZ on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalec979
OldUnreal Member

Post by Kalec979 »

Where are all the map links gone ...?

Return to “Infiltration-Board for UnrealTournament”